Summary: This blog will discuss various ways to extract contacts from OLM file. We will also learn about how you can create multiple file types from a single OLM file.
An OLM file belongs to the Mac Outlook email client and is used to store mailbox data items such as contacts, calendars, emails, tasks, notes. It is recognized by Mac Outlook 2016, 2019, & 2011. A single OLM file is capable of storing the entire mailbox of a user and is an exported database archive file.
This file format is not very versatile and hence cannot be used with any other application, we are required to extract its contacts. After we extract and convert them to some other format, we can easily move those contacts into the majority of the platforms making it easy for the users to read and access their data.
User Query: “I have been using Mac Outlook as my primary email application for many years now. It has over 1000 contacts but I need to move them to a spreadsheet program for work. How can I do this without affecting the data.”
How to Extract Contacts from OLM File?
As already discussed, Mac Outlook contacts can only be accessed in the OLM file and if you want to read its data, you will have to extract it in some other file format.
Perform the following steps to know how you can do it:
- Launch Mac Outlook email client on your system.
- Navigate to the File option & click on the ‘Export’ button.
- Then, select contacts category out of all & tap on ‘Continue’.
- Browse a location to store this file & click on ‘Save’.
- Once the process completes, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
You have successfully created an OLM contact file from your Mac Outlook application. To extract contacts from OLM file into any other file format, you need to follow the following steps.
- Download and install Mac OLM File converter tool. Now, add the OLM file(s)/ folder you just created.
- Pick the file from its location where you saved it and proceed with the next step.
- Choose this file/folder & choose the export format required by you. You can extract contacts from OLM file in CSV, PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, MSG, PDF, HTML, ICS, VCF (vCard), TXT formats.
- Finally provide a location to save this file and hit the ‘export’ button.
Features of the tool
- It can extract contacts from the OLM file in bulk.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy & structure.
- Apply date filter and naming convention.
- No limitations on the size of the file.
- Supports Mac Outlook 2011, 2016, 2019 files.
- Extracts all fields & attributes of the contacts.
- Preserves the metadata of the files.
In this article, we have explained how you can extract contacts from OLM file. We hope this information helps you and you can convert your data files without hampering their integrity. This method is a trustworthy way that is commonly used by professionals because of its ability to produce perfect results.