This article is answering the question of fixing the printer experiencing an unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e. The article is not limited to a particular printer brand but can be used for any printer like Brother, HP, Canon, Epson and others.
The first thing first, before going to learn the solutions you need to know why is this error occurring often and how you can prevent it? This is going be very important as well as helpful article for you as we are going to talk about the reasons and the various methods to overcome printer configuration problem.
Causes of Printer Configuration Problem 0x8007007e
Whenever you print anything using the Microsoft Edge Browser, you get the printer unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e message on the screen of your computer. This happens because of the update on Windows 10. It takes place every time when you update your Windows 10 because during an update, there are some files that gets deleted from your computer system and which are important for your printer to work properly.
Although, it is neither possible to detect what files are missing nor it is possible to replace them. Thus, it is important for us to follow the methods mentioned in this article to overcome this configuration problem and let your printer start printing again.
Steps to Fix Printer Configuration Problem 0x8007007e
Updating Printer Drivers
The brand of the printer doesn’t matter here but you have to use the latest printer drivers only. You can download them online from the official website of the printer manufacturer and can get them by entering the model number of the printer you own.
Updating the Printer Firmware
All the top printer brands release their new printer firmware version often and on regular intervals. Every new firmware is an improved version of the previous one and helps printer in enhancing the product quality, minimizing the issues and fixing the common problems. You can get them update by going to the control panel of your printer and clicking on the update option (if available).
Updating Windows 10
Go to the settings option of your computer and select Windows update and download tab. You can also download and update the latest software requirements for your computer as well.
Deleting Printer Spooler Junk Files
- Open Run by pressing the Windows key along with R key from your keyboard.
- Now type system32\spool\printers and then press enter.
- Now open the printer folder, choose all the files present in the folder and delete them all together.
- Now, go back to your home screen and again press Windows key and R key to open Run.
- Type services.MSC and press enter to open the Services.
- From the Services option, choose Printer Spooler service.
- Right click on it and tap on the properties option.
- Now restart the Printer Spooler services.
- Close all the windows and restart your computer system.
Running Windows Printer Troubleshooters
- You can download the Microsoft Windows 10 Printer Troubleshooter tool online.
- Click to install it and then run the troubleshooter tool.
- In the window of this tool, select your printer and hit the next button.
- This will automatically scan your computer and will detect the problem.
- Now you have to click on “try troubleshooting as an administrator”, only if needed.
- The tool will automatically apply the fixes needed and will display all the results on your computer screen.
- Now, close this tool window and restart your printer.
- Take a print test.
Reinstalling the Printer
If case if you have tired all other methods and nothing worked for you, the last option is to reinstall your printer. This will fix all the driver, firmware, setting and other issues.
Also Read :