It is not convenient to upload OLM to Office 365. But, if you are trying to find the best ways to do it, then follow this article where we have provided the best ways to do so.
An OLM file is a database file created by Outlook for Mac. Since it is not always possible to access your Outlook if you do not have your computer with you. This is why most people go for cloud-based storage options as they are accessible from anywhere. Also, the OLM file has limitations regarding which application can use it. It cannot be read by majority (read all) platforms, therefore, it has to be first converted into a suitable file format before we move it to Office 365.
Coming with a pool of benefits, it is even more obvious for users to make this transition. To ease this migration process for you, we are going to discuss all possible ways in detail here.
How to Upload OLM to Office 365?
This particular migration is done mostly by businesses, so, we will first discuss a professional solution. The OLM file to PST converter software is developed for Windows operating system which provides the facility to convert data from an OLM file into the Office 365 account. Let us see the key features that this utility provides:
- Upload OLM to Office 365 in bulk including all its data items.
- Migrate the data from OLM to many other file formats.
- Generates a preview of all emails & attachments before the process.
- Can convert the archive OLM folder to Office 365 and others.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy and stricture during the process.
- Capable of exporting data while maintaining data integrity.
- Can apply user impersonation for migration purposes.
Working of the Process
To upload OLM to Office 365 automatically, you must follow the following guide step by step
- Install the software on your system. Now, add OLM files to it.
- You will be shown the complete preview of those files in multiple view modes.
- In the next window, choose Office 365 export option and apply advanced settings.
- You can choose to apply user impersonation that helps the admin import the data in all accounts registered under a domain in a go. You must provide a destination mailbox.
- After applying all settings and click on the Export button.
Manually Upload OLM to Office 365
Follow these below-given steps to upload OLM file to Office 365:
- You must set up a new Gmail account with IMAP settings. You can also make changes to your existing one and enable the IMAP setting in it.
- Now, you must configure the OLM files of Outlook for Mac with the Gmail account.
- After this, you have to create a label in Gmail to migrate the OLM files to this IMAP mailbox of Gmail.
- When the data completely moves to the Gmail label, configure this account with MS Outlook.
- Then, move all of the OLM data from this IMAP mailbox to the MS Outlook account & access them in PST.
- Finally, move in this PST file to the cloud where you can access them in O365.
Limitations of the Manual Method
The manual way to upload OLM to Office 365 is much more complex when compared to the automatic way. It requires you to migrate your entire data from one platform to another before reaching the destination. It is advisable to take the backup of your source file so that you always have your data safe in case you mess up the process.
In this article, we discussed ways to upload OLM to Office 365. It talks about a manual way and an automatic method to perform this job. Users can choose any of these methods depending on what suits their requirements and situation. The direct method, however, is the most convenient one because the steps get reduced and the efficiency increases.