Destination weddings are alluring and appealing. The concept has charmed several brides and grooms already to shift their penchant from traditional nuptials to more elaborate, neutral, and experiential settings.
Indian weddings are rich in traditions, rituals, and opulence which span across several days of merriment. In addition to that, wedding locations at a distance from your hometown have significantly contributed to such merriment and opulence.
Millennials are particularly fond of destination weddings courtesy rise in income, prevalence of social media, and frequent celebrity weddings held at idyllic locations.
Regardless, to pursue international locations for weddings can be financially unfeasible for several individuals, especially due to a poor-performing rupee in recent times. In contrast, there are several destination wedding places in India which not only provide pristine environment and plush accommodation but also more than compensate for international locations. Goa, Jaipur, Udaipur, etc. are some of the most popular wedding destinations in India & its destination wedding cost.
Quick look at the destination wedding industry in India –
- Rs.45,000 crore – Estimated market size of the Indian destination wedding industry by 2020.
- 25% – Yearly growth rate of the destination wedding industry in India.
- 3491 – Number of new room keys added to Jaipur and Goa hotels in 2018 alone to meet wedding season demands.
The wedding ceremony is one of the most memorable events of your life and to conduct it at an idyllic location in India makes it all the more endearing.
List of most popular destination wedding places in India
This city of lakes in Rajasthan is one of the most sought-after wedding locations in India. If you have ever dreamt of marrying in a royal location in opulent grandeur, then Udaipur is the ideal place for you. In addition to that, the city’s architecture turns out to be ideal for your pre-wedding photoshoots.
City Palace in Udaipur is one of the grandest palaces in the city with several exquisite locations – Zeena Mehal, Shiv Niwas Palace, and Manek Chowk – where weddings are held regularly during peak seasons.
2.Andaman and Nicobar Islands
This archipelago situated in the Bay of Bengal consists of 300 islands. It is one of the most popular destinations due to its favourable and gentle climate.
Also, idyllic palm-lined white sand beaches at the shores of turquoise-coloured beaches in places such as Havelock Island make for one of the most beautiful and scenic wedding locations in India.
You can also hold your wedding in the capital city of Port Blair, home to several resorts that facilitate wedding events.
It is one of the most preferred locations for couples who have a penchant for the calming sound of waves crashing and the soft breeze of the sea gracing their special day.
Also known as God’s own country, Kerala is one of the most aesthetically pleasing states in India. There are several locations in the state for different preferences. If you want to hold your wedding in the lap of nature, you can consider Munnar. If you and your fiancé love the sea, you can conduct the ceremony at Kovalam beach. In case you have a penchant for a waterborne wedding, you can rent houseboats in Alleppey.
In resorts such as Leela in Kovalam, you can recite your wedding vows from a rousing cliff-top which offers a pristine view of the Kovalam beach.
In addition to these places, there are several other locations in India where you can hold your wedding. These include Shimla, Pondicherry, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Goa, etc. All these locations have their individual characteristics appeasing couples with different preferences.
In tandem with your wedding location, you also need to take into consideration your finances. Holding your nuptials in one of the destination wedding places in India can be substantially expensive. There are several tips and tricks to help save finances while planning a wedding, one of which involves proper planning after consideration of the following factors –
- Venue – Once you have decided on a location, what remains is the venue. Opting for a venue which perfectly complements your dream wedding is crucial. There are several unbeatable destination wedding venues under Rs. 20 lakh which you can consider.
- Catering and decoration – When holding a wedding at a place away from home, it is imperative to account for catering and decoration. You can either go for a local planner at the location you are holding the event, or opt for one from yours or your fiancé’s hometown, depending on the feasibility.
- Bridal makeup packages – Makeup packages account for a considerable portion of a bride’s personal wedding expenses. Henceforth, it is essential to consider it beforehand and set its expense scale accordingly.
- Guest list – Destination weddings, in most cases, have a considerably smaller gathering compared to traditional nuptial events in India. Therefore, draft a guest list in accordance with your affordability and also their convenience in terms of the location chosen.
Destination wedding cost can range from a few lakh to more than a crore, depending on the scale and somewhat on the location as well. To meet such substantial expenses, several individuals avail external finances such as loans against property, which come with a considerable principal amount and extended repayment tenors to ease the repayment.
Financial institutions such as Bajaj Housing Finance Limited provide pre-approved offers on loans which minimises time and effort on loan processing. These offers apply to a host of financial products which include loan against property, personal loans, home loans, business loans, etc. You can provide your name and phone number to check your pre-approved offer.
Things which you need to know about availing a loan for your wedding are – ensure to avail adequate finances, choose convenient repayment terms, etc.
In conclusion, chalk out every detail of your destination wedding from the onset for proper and hassle-free execution.