Are you looking for a platform to store your important files, videos, and photos? If the answer is yes, why not give Netgear ReadyNAS software a try? Just make sure that your computer and storage system must have proper internet access if you want to use the ReadyNAS cloud system.
So, are ready to perform the Netgear ReadyNAS setup? Scroll down and continue reading then folks,
What Are the Different Modes to Set Up Netgear ReadyNAS Storage System?
Used by most users, the ReadyCLOUD mode allows you to safely manage and access your ReadyNAS storage system from literally anywhere all across the world. But, to do so, you need an excellent internet connection.
Another way to set up your Netgear ReadyNAS system is through the Offline Mode. This mode helps you in keeping your ReadyNAS data available only inside the four walls of your house or office.
Now that you have become familiar with the different modes to set up your Netgear ReadyNAS storage system, let’s get started with the setup process.
Instructions to Set Up Your Netgear ReadyNAS Storage System
- First and foremost, make sure that the computer or laptop that you are using has a good internet connection.
- Then, visit www.readycloud.netgear.com and click on the Start button under the ‘Set up a new ReadyNAS’ option.
- Click on the Discover button to proceed.
- Once the Netgear ReadyCLOUD web page appears, click on the Setup button and select the mode that you want to use to set up your storage system.
Select ReadyCLOUD Mode
- Use MyNETGEAR account to sign in to ReadyCLOUD. In case you do not have a MyNETGEAR account, then you need to create one.
- Once you’ve created the MyNETGEAR account, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Netgear ReadyNAS system.
2. Select Offline Mode
If you find the ReadyCLOUD mode a little tricky, then you are free to use the Offline Mode.
- Once you select the Offline Mode, an SSL certificate security warning will display on the screen of your computer.
- The reason why this warning appears is because the certificate used in the Netgear ReadyNAS is self-signed.
- To proceed, accept the certificate. You will be taken to the Netgear ReadyNAS login page.
- If you have a Readynas Duo, then enter the ReadyNAS Duo Default Password and username.
Quick Tip: You can change the default login credentials once you have successfully configured your system.
- As soon as you hit Log In, the ReadyNAS local admin page will launch a setup wizard.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions on the setup wizard to complete setting up your Netgear ReadyNAS storage system.
To keep your Netgear ReadyNAS storage system in a healthy condition, follow the additional tips mentioned below:
- If you need to shut down your storage system, power it off gracefully rather than rushing through the process.
- If your system isn’t responding, try Netgear ReadyNAS Reset to get rid of the problem.
We hope that this article was of some help to you. For more details or any further queries, feel free to contact us through the comments section below.