If you’re a home maker constantly looking for tips to better your home, there are high chances you’ve come across some smart home surveillance systems. Statistics from 2019 in the United States showed that property crimes/theft victims suffered losses estimated at over $ 15 billion. An arrest rate of 52 persons per 100,000 inhabitants was recorded for burglary related cases. These figures could be the reason people are constantly shopping for smart security devices for use at home.
At the same time, developers of these smart home security devices have constantly been working on upgrading their systems. This way, they can meet the changing market demands and serve their customers better.
If you are mindful of your home security and will do anything to protect your loved ones, investing in a quality home security device is always a priority. In a market with so many options to choose from, you need a guide to help you make the right choices based on your needs. Below we’ve selected some security devices we believe will get the job done as far as home safety is concerned.
- Nest-Secure & Alarm: Home Security Device
- Chamberlain Garage Hub: Smart Security Device for Your Garage
- August Smart-Lock Pro: A Smart Security Device for your Door
- Arlo Pro 3: An All-around Security Device
- Wyze Cam v3: Night-vision Security Device
- Arlo Video Doorbell: Security Device with Video call
- Wrapping it Up
- Author’s Bio:
- Share this:
- Like this:
Nest-Secure & Alarm: Home Security Device
This security device is one of a kind. It appears on our list of smart home security devices, thanks to its array of high-end security features. These include;
- A Nest-Guard, which acts as the central response center. The Nest Guard has keypads and sounds the alarm. It also has a google assistant system and can work as a motion sensor in itself.
- Nest-Detect – a sensor, just like the other security devices for windows. Though it’s widely deployed on windows, it’s also a powerful tool you can use to keep track of doors and rooms.
- Nest Tag – more of a key for arming or disarming the system without entering passcodes.
- Nest App – acts as a central command center. You will receive all the alerts on your phone. So you don’t have to manually look out for what’s causing the alarm to go off.
Chamberlain Garage Hub: Smart Security Device for Your Garage
This cool device is named after what it protects; the garage. So, if you own a car and a garage, you want to settle for this device. The chamberlain adds to our list of home security alarm devices for some reasons: it’s robust, smart, and efficient.
The developers of Chamberlain Garage hub have designed it in a way that it can connect with your garage door. This way, you don’t have to worry about raising or lowering the door anymore since you can do all that from your smartphone.
As your garage opens or closes, the hub sends you alerts directly to your phone. That means you can rest assured you’ll be notified if something sneaks into your garage without your permission.
August Smart-Lock Pro: A Smart Security Device for your Door
If you are looking for security devices for doors, the August smart lock is one great option. Boosted with the latest generation wifi, it gives you the ability to lock or unlock your door from wherever you are. That means that nobody can get access to your house without your consent. Also, you can operate it using voice commands. This takes your security game to another new level.
Arlo Pro 3: An All-around Security Device
The designer of the Arlo Pro 3 did a great job in bringing together a lot of smart features into one security device. This device comes with;
- Wireless cameras that enable you to view intruders from any angle.
- Audio support enables you to scare off any intruder by speaking to them.
- Excellent video-quality that allows you to stream your videos in 2k.
- Long-lasting battery. Alo Pro 3 has a battery life of up to 6 months.
Wyze Cam v3: Night-vision Security Device
Wyze cam v3 comes with many features that remain competitive in the home surveillance market. This device comes with;
- Night vision technology that enables you to see any intruder at night.
- 2-way communication. You and your guest can have excellent communication using your camera.
This device also allows you to stream HD videos.
Arlo Video Doorbell: Security Device with Video call
With Arlo video Doorbell, you can video call anyone on the door, right from where you are. It also has a built-in siren, which goes off if anybody attempts to break-in.
Wrapping it Up
With these 6 security devices, you’re sure that your home safety cannot be compromised without your knowledge. They’ll not only give you all the information needed to trace and report the intruder but will also scare them off. This is a good thing if you’re living in an area with high foot-traffic and elevated security concerns.
Based on the recommendations above, which device from the 6 above will serve your security needs the most? Share your reasons in the comments.
Kevin is a content writer for about 3 years. He studied Design and Arts at College in Pennsylvania. A fan of home interior design and, he has taken it upon himself to spread his love for decorating homes by informing people on some of his ideas through his articles.