SEO is more important than ever for websites as users are shifting towards digital platforms for searching and gaining access to their day-to-day products and services. So for any successful digital marketing strategy, SEO is a variable that needs to be taken into account.
In simple words, SEO is the process of optimising the website and its content to be appealing to both search engines as well as users. This process involves being constantly updated on the ever-changing algorithms of search engines like Google and finding the best strategy to drive more traffic and increase your visibility. Sometimes businesses try to do SEO on their own, but as it is a time consuming process with a lot of research and effort involved, they find it more efficient to consult an SEO company.
Why do you need SEO in your Digital Marketing Strategy?
SEO is an amalgamation of techniques like keyword research, on-page optimisation, link building, etc. It is a carefully curated process, personalised for the specific website. Although the results of SEO take a minimum of 3 months to show, you can see an increase in Search Engine Result Page (SERP) ranking and higher chances of users visiting your website turning into customers.
Many customers now prefer SEO over traditional methods of advertising as it is very cost-effective and more flexible. For example, social media campaigns and email campaigns require very less resources and have a greater reach than traditional methods like billboards and print advertising. You are not constrained by geographical location, material resources etc. With a good grasp of market trends and your business goals, SEO can be used to make personalised campaign strategies.
The process of Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with SEO
If you are looking for ways in which you can optimise and upgrade your digital marketing campaign with SEO, here are a few things to know:
One of the most fundamental procedures in SEO is finding the right keywords. The Google algorithm uses hundreds of factors to rank websites. So if you want yours to stand out, you need to do thorough keyword research.
Keywords are phrases or words that are taken as potential search queries entered by customers from their perspective, usually describing the product or service they are looking for. Using those keywords in your content in the right number, position, and quantity can draw in more clicks. The first thing for an SEO agency to do is to understand the business inside out along with its target audience, find the customers’ intent and match it with the right keywords.
On-page optimisation starts with a vision or goal for each page on your website. It consists of the optimisation of other front-end and back-end components. Many elements within the content, site architecture and HTML need to be updated. The on-page optimisation techniques make your website appealing to both the human eyes and search engine crawlers.
Some of the on-page techniques to employ in your campaign
- The most important factor is the presence of concise, informative and high-quality content with relevant keywords on the pages that inform the visitors of your business and services.
- HTML elements within the source code can be optimised by adding keywords to the title tags, headers, meta descriptions, etc.
- On-page also involves the optimisation of page URLs to make them attractive to search engines.
- You can also do internal linking, which is the hyperlinking of other pages on your website. It sends visitors to other pages, keeping them around for longer. It is indicative of the fact that your site is useful and valuable.
- As more and more users switch to mobile browsing, optimise your website to be mobile-friendly.
Off-page or Link Building
Off-page activities in SEO include activities you undertake outside the website to gain exposure and obtain links. This is also where you create an online presence for your brand with the help of targeted campaigns and strategies. Off-page SEO helps search engines and users discover your website through promotional activities.
However, link building is not as easy as it sounds. You have to gain links with authority and quality. You should also keep a track of the links you build to identify the ones that are the most advantageous to help modify your campaign.
Some of the off-page techniques to employ in your campaign
- An active social media presence with regular interactions can boost your audience size. You can use hashtags and interact with other blog posts to widen your online presence.
- Understanding your competitors’ links can also help you identify what is working and what is not.
- Increase the visibility of your page by bringing in third-party citations, maintaining Google My Business listing and getting listed on other content sites.
- Connect with more people by sharing your content on forums, giving bits of advice and establishing yourself as a good resource. You can also achieve similar results through guest blogging.
- Just like written content, appealing and well-designed infographics can be a good way to secure links.
With their SEO services, the digital marketing agency that works on your website can also give you reports on the success of your campaign. Measuring the success of the campaign is important to determine whether the efforts are paying off. By asking the right questions and working with a reputable agency you can get the best out of SEO to aid your business.