Since the COVID-19 pandemic, many brick-and-mortar eyewear stores owners have transitioned to e-commerce. Of course, given the situation and pent-up in demand for online solutions to buy prescribed eyewear products.
While e-commerce existed before Coronavirus worldwide spread, it was not popular in the eyewear industry. Previously, people were reluctant to buy prescribed eyewear products because they were unsure about online purchases. However, the dependency on e-commerce for prescribed eyeglasses and lenses will increase significantly in the coming years.
If you want to become a part of this booming industry, start by choosing the right e-commerce platform. There are plenty in the market, but WooCommerce is one of the most preferred options. It is open-source and comes with thousands of themes, extensions, and plugins.
Do you know some plugins, like the WooCommerce contact lens prescription plugin, Virtual Try-on, and PD plugin, that can notably boost your sales?
Wait for a second! If you are thinking, your work is done here. It is just the beginning to drive more traffic and conversions.
Please remember, if you want to gain an edge over competitors, you must achieve conversion rate optimization. The question is how to ensure this. You are in luck. In this post, we have some practices for eyewear retailers to accomplish conversion rate optimization.
- Better customer experience – In the business world, customers are everything. If your customers are content and happy, your e-commerce site will flourish. But if they are not, all your efforts will be futile. So, make sure customers are the center of your digital marketing strategy. The following are some ways to boost your customer experience:
- Design your online eyewear store according to mobile-first. It should be easy to read and navigate on mobile screens, as most people use smartphones.
- Make sure it does not have any conversion-killing elements and items. If it does, fix it at the earliest.
- Besides having many call-to-action buttons throughout your e-commerce site, they should be optimized.
- Include a “Live-chat” option in your optical e-store to guide your shoppers to make the right decision.
- Improve the performance of your online eyewear store by reducing the load speed times.
- Your customers should be able to share pictures with friends and family and on social media.
- Leverage content marketing – If you want to excel in this content-driven ecosystem, you cannot miss out on content marketing. Before investing in content marketing, you should know that readers and search engines appreciate original, informative, and engaging content. Below are some ways to use content marketing to achieve conversion rate optimization.
- You should optimize content from the entire site, along with landing pages and images.
- It is a good idea to create a buyer’s guide. Thus, your potential consumers will know their needs and wants when making a purchase.
- Use high-quality images and clear and original product descriptions for developing product display landing pages. In addition to this, install the WooCommerce Virtual Try-on plugin on the landing pages.
- You should incorporate user-generated content, like testimonials and reviews, into your product display landing pages.
- Also, make sure you display clear delivery and return policies to avoid instances like a bad buying experience.
If you implement these practices, you can obtain conversion rate optimization for your eyewear e-store. One thing more, do not opt for a complicated checkout process because it may confuse your prospective buyers. Consequently, they may abandon your site without completing the sale.
Also, the success of your e-commerce store depends on the choice of your developer and the plugins you use. For WooCommerce-built e-store, you can incorporate contact lenses prescription extension, Virtual Try-on plugin, and many more. With these WooCommerce plugins, you can boost user experience, which helps in driving more conversions and sales.
If you are looking for a reliable e-commerce site builder for your eyewear business, get in touch with SoftProdigy. We offer all services and even deal in WooCommerce plugins and extensions.