Herniated discs can cause a great deal of intolerable back pain, neck pain, and dysfunction. You may come across this painful condition for the first time either from a therapist or a doctor right after you have found yourself struggling with excruciating pain. You may be recommended for immediate surgery to treat the pain. The good news is that herniated discs surgery alternatives are available in the form of chiropractic non-surgical care.
A herniated disc can occur spontaneously due to acute injury or any sudden trauma. Chiropractic non-surgical or conservative treatments for the spine or herniated discs surgery can help address the pain and symptoms of herniated discs. A herniated vertebral disc can reduce mobility and to treat the pain before approaching for surgery or pain medication, consider the benefits of chiropractic non-surgical care and spinal manipulation treatment.
Some of the benefits of chiropractic non-surgical alternatives to spine surgery include:
- Improved mobility
- Reduced pain
- Drug-free, non-invasive treatment
- Safe and effective treatment for herniated and degenerative discs
What is chiropractic care for a herniated or degenerative disc?
Professional chiropractors use hands-on spinal manipulation and other alternative treatments. The alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure, particularly the spine, will enable the body to recover itself from the herniated pain without undergoing surgery.
Chiropractic non-invasive treatment for degenerative disc or herniated disc is primarily used as a pain relief alternative for joints, muscles, bones, and connective tissues, such as cartilage, ligaments, and tendons.
The primary goal of chiropractic care includes the restoration of function and prevention of injury in addition to back pain relief.
How to treat a herniated disc successfully?
Clinically, chiropractors with immense practical knowledge, skills, and therapy technology can handle and easily treat a herniated disc without needles or surgery. As per the study, herniated or protruded disc (slip-disc) is best treated through non-invasive therapy. The best measures have combined effective methods of chiropractic, rehabilitation, and therapy. The key is your chiropractor non-surgical care to provide relief from pain and improve function for the long term.
At your initial appointment, the chiropractor will go through your medical report and history, conduct a physical test, and perform neurological orthopedic tests to evaluate the causes and symptoms of herniated or slipped discs.
Treat your herniated disc with Chiropractic non-Invasive Care
The best means of treating a herniated or degenerative disc is through non-invasive treatments. You can consider surgery or invasive treatment only when the non-surgical means didn’t help you fix your slip disc or herniated disc. However, the key to a successful treatment is knowing which non-surgical intervention is the best to help you relieve the pain. Here are some of the non-surgical chiropractic treatment you can be advised without having to resort to surgery.
- Flexion-distraction technique for herniated discs- To help address herniated disc symptoms, chiropractors go for the flexion-distraction technique. This effective non-invasive procedure involves the use of a specialized table that gently distracts or stretches the spine. It allows the chiropractor to isolate the affected area while slightly flexing the spine. The best part of this window treatment is that there is no pain associated with this chiropractic treatment.
- Manipulation- It is considered an appropriate chiropractic treatment for spinal treatments. Spinal manipulation by a chiropractor can be moderately effective for herniated or degenerative disc pain.
- Pelvic blocking technique- Chiropractors also use the pelvic blocking technique to treat herniated disc causes and symptoms. This treatment includes the use of cushioned wedges, which are placed under each side of the pelvis. Gentle exercises and stretching may also be suggested for best results and draw your disc away from the nerve it may be pressing on.
Don’t let the surgeon convince you of the need for herniated disc surgery when you can go for chiropractic effective non-surgical treatment.