In every vertical, competition is stiff. So, how can you sustain growth and increase sales? A high-performing email sequence that nurtures your audience and generates sales.
Email sequencing is essentially a dedicated email sequence that is sent out automatically when triggered. The sequence trigger could be anything, such as:
- A customer abandoned their online shopping cart.
- Someone completed a download
- Someone subscribed to your newsletter
- A product was purchased by a customer.
Because the entire email sequencing process is automated, this effective marketing tool can begin immediately after your customer takes a specific action. You only need to set things up once, and the email sequence will take care of the rest.
Benefits Of A High-Performing Email Sequence
A well-executed automated email sequence will save you time and money, but that isn’t the only reason to invest in automated emails. Research shows it can help you gain 320% more revenue than emails sent out by hand.
Email sequencing allows business owners to connect with their audience on a massive scale, giving their company far more reach than if they were the ones manually clicking the “send” button.
Email marketing, in general, has numerous advantages, one of which is financial savings. Email marketing can generate $38 for every dollar spent—and that’s with non-automated emails. When you add email sequencing to the mix, your savings will skyrocket. Because everything is automated, you save another valuable resource: time.
Tips For Creating A Successful Email Sequence
There are numerous free email tools available online that can assist you with the technical aspects of email sequencing. Online tools, combined with the automated method of the process, will put your mind at ease. All you have to do is choose the type of sequencing that will work best for your company.
Different businesses have different requirements, and therefore there are numerous ways to create a high-performing email sequence. The following are the most important automation methods to consider when establishing your own:
- Welcome Sequence: This sequence will assist you in establishing trust with your audience. Welcoming is most effective when done in stages. First, create an automated warm and simple greeting. Then, explain the value your service or product will provide. Next, educate the prospective customer so that they understand how valuable your company can be to them and others. On the final welcome email, categorize the customer (buyer, browser, interested party, etc.), so that the following series of automated emails is tailored to their needs and interests.
- Engagement Sequence: This type of email sequence allows you to connect with your customers and keep them engaged. A customer engagement sequence can show them how your service or product will solve a problem.
- Conversion Sequence: A conversion email sequence prompts readers to take action. It can assist prospective customers in taking the necessary steps to make their first purchase.
- Reconnect Sequence: Customers may not respond immediately. However, this does not rule out the possibility of them making a purchase and becoming a regular, satisfied customer in the near future. An email sequence focused on following up with potential clients can help you stay connected and re-engage.
- Reminder Sequence: Everyone requires reminders. Your potential customers will be able to act in the future if you include a reminder sequence. This sequence allows you to provide the information required for a client to schedule an appointment, proceed with a purchase, or finalize plans for a service.
Email Sequencing Helps Grow Business
When it comes time to start your high-performing email sequence, keep in mind all of the ways it will help your business grow. Make a mental note of your sequence’s purpose. It’s also critical to understand what your automated trigger will be for each sequence, as well as the number of emails each sequence will necessitate.
You will only be able to promote growth if your emails are well-written. Make certain that you do not overburden the messages with information. Each email should have a specific goal in mind. Be concise, and create content that makes customers feel as if you are speaking directly to them. If you’re not comfortable with writing email copy, you can hire a copywriting agency or take copywriting courses to hone your skills.
Your company is up and running, and you’re ready for more customers. With a high-performing email sequence, you can effectively attract the customers you’ve been searching for. Implementing sequences will save you time and money because they are fully automated. Maintain your focus and create meaningful triggers, and you’ll be well on your way to increasing your revenue.
Over the past decade, Liz has worked as a copywriter and digital marketing executive for a multitude of companies from startups to and mid-sized businesses to working as the VP of marketing for award-winning, platinum-selling artists. Leveraging an understanding of the nuance of language in marketing, Liz founded Amplihigher, a content marketing and copywriting agency, designed to connect consumers to companies in a way that results in next-level brand expansion.