Searching for the best ways to resolve this QuickBooks Won’t open issues? Then don’t worry we are here to assist you by providing all the information about this error. This is a user-friendly software that can track finances, manage scales, and help with invoices. In this article, we discuss methods to troubleshoot the errors and their causes. Read till the end and follow all the steps to fix it.
QuickBooks Desktop Won’t open issue may affect the business operation of an organization but it can be solved by following some simple methods mentioned below:-
There are various reasons that QuickBooks won’t open error appear on your system:-
- The company name of QuickBooks is very long.
- Hard disks are corrupted.
- The installation of the QuickBooks Desktop is improper or incomplete.
- When the QBWUSER.INI file is missing and damaged.
- If the operating system that you use is out of date.
Here are some symptoms that help to identify this error occur on your system:-
- When the software starts freezing.
- If the company file of QuickBooks won’t open.
- Your system windows run slowly.
- Every few minutes, your computer starts hanging.
- If the computer response is slow to mouse and keyboard.
(Note: when you click on the QuickBooks icon much time repeatedly, then it shows not responding or not working. So, it’s better to wait for some time to launch the QuickBooks again. Don’t click too many times to send multiple requests.)
Following are the below-mentioned methods to resolve QuickBooks won’t open the issue.
- Initially, you have to right-click on the Windows taskbar in the system and then choose the Start Task Manager option.
- Then, go to the Process tab and press on the Image Name header to arrange the process alphabetically.
- Now, search and select the “EXE” file.
- At last, click on the End Process to close the exe process.
- Firstly, access the folder where the ini file is there and if you can’t locate it then go to the hidden folders and file.
- When the folder is found then select the QBWUSER.ini.file and then click on the Rename tab.
- Now, you have to type Insert.old in the last of all the files.
- At last, change the name of ecml.file.
- If QuickBooks Works after renaming the files then the issue is resolved.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Then, tap on the Ctrl button and choose to open it.
- Now, press the Ctrl key till you open No company open windows.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press and hold the Ctrl+Alt+Del key together.
- Then, select the Task Manager option.
- Go to the process tab and click on it.
- After that, right-click on the QuickBooks processes.
- Now, click on the End process.
- Then, you will get a confirmation process and then click on the End all process.
- Reboot your QuickBooks again.
- Lastly, click on the “Repair QuickBooks”
- First of all, go to the control panel and then click on it.
- Click on the User account and then the manager user.
- Now, click on Add.
- When it’s done, then enter the name and also the domain of the administrator then tap on the OK button.
- If you are using Windows 10 then choose Administrator.
- Now, click on the Finish tab that will go to the User Accounts dialogue box and tap on the Ok key.
- Firstly, open the start menu option on your computer.
- Then, click on the power button and then you have to select the Restart option.
- Lastly, when restarting is done then open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- You have to uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Then, again reinstall the QuickBooks by using the Clean install.
- Lastly, rename the installation files.
If the QuickBooks won’t open then make sure that the QuickBooks is already registered. If not, then create it and try again:-
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks and then press the F2 key.
- Now, it will open the product information window.
- Verify the registration status of QuickBooks from the right of the license number.
- If you are registered then it will show registered and ready to start.
- Close the product information window.
- Go to the Help option and select the Activate QuickBooks.
- Now, you have to follow the instruction that appears on your window screen to check the information and complete the process.
In this article, we discuss the steps to fix QuickBooks won’t open issue. We hope that you got all the information that help to resolve this error from your system. If want to know more about then check out our other articles also.