The situation has worsened since the first case of coronavirus was discovered; Cleanliness and safety have been a major concern for all, especially travelers. After March, almost a travel ban was imposed around the world, but now slowly and gradually authorities are approving the commercial operation of flights and have indicated a waiver of the ban. Soon, airlines will allow all types of passengers to plan a trip.
Although airport authorities are taking all necessary measures to deal with the spread of novel coronaviruses, there is a possibility of becoming infected or a carrier of the virus while traveling.
Lockdown Required After Travel
You should go through quarantine policies and other entry requirements specific to your travel destination. The essentials you should pack include:
Masks and Gloves
Any list of travel mandatory post lockdowns must begin with a mask. Take at least some masks or preferably the entire pack to a safe place. You should also get some pairs of gloves. In this way, you will not have to directly contact elevator buttons, door handles, etc. If you want additional protection, you can use the face shield or the entire PPE kit.
If you plan to use public transport while traveling to post lockdown, you should carry disinfectant wipes with you. Before sitting, wipe your seat, armrest, or any surface around you that may have infectious droplets on it. Be careful not to use the same wipe on your hands or face. Also, periodically wipe your mobile phone, handbag / wallet, watch, shades / glass etc.
Always carry a hand sanitizer on your person. If you do not have disinfectant wipes, you should use a hand sanitizer immediately after touching items like elevator buttons, dorkenbobs, etc. When transacting in cash, clean your hands immediately after clearing the change.
Avoid paying in cash and using ATMs.When doing so, you will be eating too much of your phone’s battery, which is why when you are out and about, carry a power bank to make sure your phone dies.
So, we have made a list of important tips to remember before your next air travel:
Before the Trip:
- Keep an eye on your health at least a week before your flight and avoid traveling if you feel any illness
- Take enough daily vitamins including zinc C and vitamin D along with zinc to boost your immunity
- Take a flu or infection shot before the trip to reduce the risk of catching viruses or bacteria
- Pack some custom made nourishments, energy bars, expendable covers and gloves, liquor based sanitizers and moist disposable clothes or napkins.
- To maintain a minimal contact with airport officials, save all your important IDs and required documents at check-in in trusted apps like ‘DigiLocker’. However you must also keep the original ID.
- Make certain to wear clinically affirmed covers (ideally N95 veils) and gloves consistently inside the air terminal and planes.
- Cooperate fully with security personnel present at the airport to ensure complete safety of yourself and other passengers
- Avoid touching common areas such as door handles, elevators or seats in airports and aircraft. In case of any contact, clean your hands immediately.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet while standing in queues and avoid contact with other passengers or officers
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and avoid touching your face (including eyes, nose and mouth). Also, always keep the sanitizer bottle
- Clean your hand immediately after touching the seat belt or air vent in the flight
- Trust bottled water and be aware of food contamination. No drinking water from the airport water dispenser. Eat snacks brought from home to reduce the possibility of unsafe food intake
- Be very cautious while using public toilets and try not to touch anything after washing hands. Install hand sanitizer after exiting the washroom.
Upon Reaching the Destination:
- Once the flight lands, make sure not to touch any common area such as lift rails, counters or luggage with bare hands. Always wear gloves that should be disposed of after reaching your hotel
- Prioritize online payment to avoid any contact with corrupt currency or receipts
- Book only 100% hygiene and safe hotels that take all necessary steps to stop the virus from spreading.
- Inform the hotel staff before arrival so that they can clean the room and keep it ready
- As soon as you arrive at the residence, take a hot bath and wash your used clothes to reduce the risk of spreading the infection.
Like to dine in a crowded restaurant
These thoughtful hygiene and safety points will definitely protect you from this debilitating virus. However, we still recommend to all our readers to plan only the necessary travel until the COVID-19 virus goes away naturally or our great scientists and doctors are able to invent vaccinations for it.
Until then, stay safe, stay fab!