Most users used Outlook application to stores their emails and other data items. For storing emails users creates multiple email accounts in Outlook. But users have several PST files, users face issues while managing, opening, and sharing PST files. To get rid of all these issues, merging PST files into a single PST file. In this blog, we will share the methods that can be used to merge multiple Outlook PST files into one. So let’s start.
Before moving to the solution it is necessary to know why it is important to combine PST files into a single one.
Why Users Need to Merge PST?
- When the user combining their old accounts, they need to merge Outlook PST files into one file.
- To create a backup, it is best to combine all of the PSTs into one.
- If users want to switch to an another email client, merging is useful for easy migration.
- A single PTS file can be useful for easy to share and easy to handle.
Manual Method to Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files
The manual approach is not direct; it is a two-step process. Follow the below steps to perform this task:
Step 1: Create a New Outlook PST File
- Open Outlook application.
- Click on Home tab >> New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File
- Select a location to save the newly created Outlook data file
- Click OK.
Step 2: Import PST to New PST File
- Click on the File tab
- Click on Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Select Import from another program or file and hit Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Browse the PST file to import and then click Next
- Select required options as per your needs.
- Select the folder you want to import and also check include-subfolders
- Click Finish button.
Note: Repeat Step 2 for merging all PST files because Outlook only importing one PST file at a time. SO you need to repeat the second step for each PST file you want to merge.
Limitation Free Solution to Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files
If you have large number of PST files and want to quickly merge them in a single PST file, then you must try SysTools Outlook PST File Merge tool. This utility is helpful for combining multiple PST files into one in just a few simple steps. It is easy to use even for a beginner as it is designed with user-friendly interface. The software offers two options of Outlook data management which is join or Merge PST Files. You can choose any of the option as per your needs. Using join option, you can join two PST files by creating a new folder for the joined files. Using Merge option, you can merge similar folders into a single folder like inbox.
It works well with all versions of MS Outlook and Windows OS. You can combine PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and installs on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, etc. You can follow the below steps to merge multiple Outlook PST files into one.
Steps to Join / Merge PST Files in Outlook are as follows;
Step 1. Download and run PST Merge software.
Step 2. Add PST files in the panel to merge.
Step 3. Select option whether you want to merge or join PST.
Step 4. Choose merge data files in New PST / Existing PST / Outlook Profile
Step 5. Select Outlook mailbox items and required options. Click Next to start process.
You’re Done! This is the simple and quick solution to combine PST files into one. The software also offers multiple features to achieve this task. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Merge multiple Outlook PST files including emails, calendars, contacts, etc.
- Combine ANSI and UNICODE type PST into a single UNICODE PST without any error
- Users can merge archive PST files without any file size limitations and data loss
- Able to merge PST files without Outlook when you select merge in New PST option
- Option to Remove Duplicates from Outlook data items while merging PST files
- Users can select all folders and only specific folders to merge as per their needs
- Advanced option to split large sized PST files into small size while merging
- Provides freedom to combine PST files without deleted items and junk folder
When it comes to Outlook PST file management, merging is the best and an option. Here we have explained the two methods to merge multiple Outlook PST files into one. The manual method becomes complicated for beginners. Hence, the user can easily use the second approach to merge PST files without duplicates.