Fathers play a very vital role in society. The responsibility laid before them is just enormous for one single father. A father is a uniting factor in the family. Whenever there is a problem in society, we count on fathers to provide guidance and solutions. Fathers are also breadwinners in the family. In many communities around the world, the father is the head of the family, and he is supposed to make sure that the mother and the children are fed and well taken care of.
This is not an easy task. Besides being the provider, a father also needs to ensure that everyone in the family is safe. He protects the family from any arm that comes in its way. Fathers work tirelessly every day, some even doing multiple jobs every day to fend for the family. Even when the mother cheeps in sometimes, the father should do his best to head the family in the right direction to fulfill their purpose in life.
Like I said, it’s too much responsibility for one person to handle. But one way or the other, fathers still manage to make ends meet. To show appreciation, fathers are celebrated once every year for the contribution they make to society. That special day set aside to honor fathers is called Father’s Day. Many people celebrate this special day by sending happy Father’s Day wishes, sweet messages, visiting them, taking them out to dinner or lunch, and doing other special activities to honor our dads.
All these things are noble gestures of love, pride, admiration, appreciation. As you do all these things for your father, do you know vital facts about Father’s Day, or are you just following what others are doing? Many people don’t even know how Father’s Day came to be. This article will explain the various facts that you need to know about Father’s Day if you are one of them. Let’s get straight into it so that you can get back to searching for that perfect happy Father’s Day wish and gifts for your father.
- Father’s Day was founded by an American mother called Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd. She invented Father’s Day to honor her father, who raised her and her five siblings as a war veteran. His father was a single parent. The first Father’s Day was first celebrated on June 19, 1910.
- Happy Father’s Day was originally received with laughter, unlike Mother’s Day. The local newspaper complained that it would lead to a crazy promotion like the ‘National Clean Your Desk Day’ satire, ridicule, or parody. Everyone has a big laugh about it as it came. Hardly did anyone know that it was going to be celebrated all over the world to this day.
- In 1924, president Calvin Coolidge was the first president to support the Father’s Day concept. However, Father’s Day was not officially recognized in America until 1966, where President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation that saw Father’s Day officially recognized as the first Sunday of June.
- Hallmark, who designs greeting cards for all kinds of occasions, stated that the fifth-largest card-sending holiday is happy Father’s Day.
- Unlike other parts of the world, Germany celebrates Father’s Day differently. Known to them as Männertag (Men’s day), men in Germany celebrate this day, indulging in regional delicacies and drinking wagons of beer until they are drunk. It may sound funny,, but in Germany, emergency services and Police are on high alert.
- Are you puzzled about the appropriate floral gifts to send or give to your father on Father’s Day? The best flower to honor your dad with on Father’s day is a white or red rose. The rose flower is known to be the official Father’s Day flower. Red roses are worn to signify a still alive father, while white roses are worn to Honor a deceased father.
- Unlike what many people think, Father’s Day’s current most popular gift is a tie and not the trusty slipper gift.
- Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) is recorded to have had the highest number of kids as a father from one wife. He was a peasant in Moscow whose first wife bore him 7 sets of triplets, 16 pairs of twins, and 4 sets of quadruplets. You can imagine how hectic dinnertime was!
- The word ‘dad’ is believed to have originated from ‘pa,’ which was the first syllable uttered by babies in the sixteenth century.
- Happy Father’s Day in Thailand is set aside to commemorate the birthday of a king. The Current king is called Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama IX), who marks his birthday on December 5. They honor their fathers or grandfathers by giving them the Canna flower, which is a masculine flower.
As you’ve seen, Father’s Day has a rich history behind it for those who did not know that. As you prepare to celebrate this year’s Father’s Day, remember that fathers sacrifice a lot to ensure that the family lacks nothing. Therefore, we need to honor them with lovely happy Father’s Day wishes and gifts every first Sunday of June.
Naman Modi is a Professional Blogger, SEO Expert & Guest blogger at CosmeaGardens. He is an Award-Winning Freelancer & Web Entrepreneur helping new entrepreneurs launch their first successful online business.