Five senses are the greatest blessing of God. Without even a single one, you can’t benefit from the world’s blessing. The blessing of sight is the most helpful of all the senses. İt helps you to explore the world.
Taking care of your eyes is necessary for everyone. There many eyes issue faced by people just like bloodshot eyes, vision issues, etc. Sometimes these vision issues increase with age. They can be minor and severe as well. Minor problems stay only for some days. But the serious one can last for a long time causing severe damage to the eyes. Severe damages can take off the vision ability for a lifetime.
We can prevent these eyes issues:
1. Bloodshot Eyes:
Bloodshot eyes or red eyes occur when the whitish part of the eyes turns red. There are many symptoms of it which are:
- Pain in eye
- Weak eye vision
- Water from the eyes
- Burning sensation
- Irritation or discomfort
- We can prevent bloodshot eyes by
- Washing the eyes frequently.
- Avoiding the fingers to get into the eyes.
- Washing the contact lens with clean lens drops.
2. Dry eyes
Dry eyes can disturb your vision and discomfort you as well. It occurs due to the dehydration of the eyes. When the tears gland dries too fast. It has many symptoms which are:
- Redness of eyes
- Mucus in the eyes
- Sensitivity of light
- Irritation in the eyes
- Water leakage from eyes
- Blur vision
It occurs due to the dehydration of the eyes. It means that there is a need to keep yourself hydrated. Or it has many other causes such as medical issues, use of some medicines, etc. Dry eyes can cause your eyes to be swollen. We can treat these symptoms by warm compresses in order to reduce inflammation.
- Wash your eyes with baby shampoo as well.
- Protect your eyes from dry air, smoke, or wind, etc by wearing sunglasses.
- It can occur if we watch a computer for a long time or read a book. We should not watch or read a book for a long time. Short breaks are necessary.
- Use of eye drops containing vitamin A and cyclosporine drops can be helpful.
- Frequently washing the clothes.
3. Allergic conjunctivitis
It occurs when the outer part of the eye gets affected by any allergy and gets swollen. It can cause irritation as well. This allergy can occur because of any pollen, dander, mold, or any other substance.
It releases the chemical histamine in the eyes due to which the outer layer’s blood vessels get inflamed. Due to it, eyes become red, itchy, and watery. Other symptoms are:
- Burning of eyes
- Swollen eyelids
- Discharge in the eyes
- Swollen blood vessels in the outer layer of the eye
How to prevent it?
- Antihistamines emedastine and levocabastine eye drops can be useful to prevent its symptoms.
- Frequently washing your eyes.
- Compressing the eyes with a warm cloth.
It is the situation in which the optic nerve got damaged. The optic nerve is very important for good vision. Optic nerve gets damaged because of high pressure. In this way, it expires the eye and causes blindness. Sometimes it can happen because of some hereditary issue, or can also be caused by diabetes or any injury to the eye.
Symptoms of glaucoma include:
- Blind spots in the vision
- Tunnel vision
- Severe headaches
- Pain in eyes
- Blur vision
- Sensitivity of light
- Redness in eyes
We can’t prevent every case of glaucoma but yes, we can prevent it to get worse. It is best to treat this disease in the early stages.
- You can treat it best by using eye drops and eye screening.
- Exercise regularly.
You can take care of your eyes by regular check-up to the doctor. If you are having any trouble in vision, always call an eye doctor.