What is a Cordless Screwdriver?
In order to drive screws these electric and versatile hand tools are used which are known as cordless screwdrivers. Projects that involve installing lots of screws, these cordless screwdrivers can be used to make the job much easier and effective. Prices of these tools can vary from cheap to expensive depending upon the type of tools. These are portable and are also known as electric screwdrivers as mentioned before. These are easy to be held by the hand and can be used for many different projects, from small jobs around the home to major DIY projects. These are usually powered by electrical batteries like lithium-ion and many others, and the major benefit is that they are cordless so you don’t need to worry about cords getting in the way and interfering with the work. Bosch ixo Cordless screwdriver is a good preference in terms of cordless screwdrivers.
Benefits of Cordless Screwdrivers
- The best feature of cordless screwdrivers is that it is accessible to places that are hard to reach and can easily take out screws from such areas. Other benefits are as follows.
- Cordless screwdrivers are much more energy efficient as compared to other screwdrivers and they also will not cause any harm to the hands of the user.
- Bosch ixo cordless screwdrivers increase productivity as they can help drive screws much faster than manual screwdrivers.
- Because of its torque and speed it can help with more precise and accurate screw driving.
- There is no need to carry many manual screwdrivers as these electric screwdrivers now come with many bits.
- These are cost effective because they come with a variety of interchangeable bits as compared to manual screwdrivers where you have to buy a different screwdriver with distinct bits.
Tips and Tricks
- When you are working with cordless screwdrivers you need to make sure that you use the right kind of bits as they all can differ depending upon the type of project you use it for.
- Once you have selected the kind of bit you will use, make sure that it is tightly attached to the head of the screwdriver and that it is the right kind of bit. Hold the Bosch ixo cordless screwdriver bit at 45 degree angle to test if it falls or not. If it doesn’t fall then it is the right screwdriver bit.
- You need to be sure that the bit is tightly attached to the head of the screwdriver. While working with it you need to apply enormous amount of force to ensure that it is tight with the head of the screwdriver.
- If you want to make sure that it is tightly enclosed hold the sides of screw gently to make sure that the screw will not slip as you are driving it into the wood.
- You have to pre-drill a pilot hole if you are going to work on hard wood. This can make the job much easier.
- In order to prevent the screwdriver bits to slip out of the head of the screw you need to make sure that you are applying additional using your hands or shoulders.
- On and off technique can be used to achieve controlled pressure.
- It is better if you practice using the Bosch ixo cordless screwdriver before the actual project in order to be sure of how to actually use it.