Things are changing and so as the technology. Our world has already reached the level where things were impossible few years before. But now, everything has changed, technology is actually making our lives better and greater than before. Now, a single smartphone is capable of doing a hundred human tasks with just one single tap on the screen. Also, your smartphone is now capable enough to understand and make the right decisions for you. Isn’t it great? In my opinion, of course, it is! Today, we will talk about a device that is quite different from our smartphones but works similar to them. Amazon Echo, a smart Bluetooth speaker that is developed by the e-commerce giant Amazon.
It’s a great device by Amazon that is very trendy in the market. This device connects to Amazon’s voice-controlled personal assistant i.e., Alexa. Amazon Echo also responds to another name too which computer, Echo and its own name Alexa. It even allows users to change its wakeup words to something another.
Amazon Echoworks through voice interaction; you can control music, set alarm, to-do-list, audiobook playback, weather and traffic report as well as real-time information too.This smart device is capable enough to communicate with the otherwireless-enabled devices like smart TVs, smartphones, smart lighting system andsecurity locks too. However, users are stilled confused whether to purchase itor not?
To decide this, let’s separate the pros and cons of Amazon Echo.
- It is a voice controlled device that means you do not have put any effort to operate Amazon Echo. For example, if you are working on your laptop doing any official work, you don’t have to manual press any button to turn it on, just say “Alexa” and it will respond you back.
- Amazon Echo can connect each and every smart device in your home. It can connect to your smart TV so that you can watch a movie of your choice. You can even ask the Echo to control your interior lights if enable with the wireless lighting system.
- You can take suggestions from the Echo regarding anything, can communicate, can ask her to play a song for you, can ask her to crack a joke for you and much more.
- You can even ask the Echo to call anyone you want to talk. But, the person whom you wanted to talk should also have Amazon Echo.
- It takes more than a day to get updates its new version software.
- Echo’s private calling system is quite insecure as people can find out who is talking.
- It has no battery, so to use it you will require a continuous power supply.
- Echo is a cloud-based device so if any problem occurs in the cloud, Amazon Echo will not respond.
- Due to its low security, other people can easily access its conversation with the user.
The Choice Is Yours…
Well, that was a complete review of Amazon Echo a great device by Amazon.