Lip gloss is a very basic lip cosmetic. It does not project like lipsticks. Sometimes gloss is applied over the lipstick layer to add a shimmer to the colour. That is, the clear lip gloss protects your lipstick from fading and dull out. It adds a shimmer to your bare lips. On the natural lip surface it renders sleekness, hydration and a smooth finish of sparkle. The most desirable lip gloss uses a non-sticky texture to form a long lasting coat on your lips, increasing its volume, sheen and aesthetic features of the overall makeup.
The clear lip gloss uses the natural colour of your lips and amplifies it with its transparent to translucent texture. Now here are certain tips to consider before choosing and applying your set of clear lip gloss. They reduce the lines and wrinkles on the lip surface, thus reducing the toll of aging. It serves both purposes: flaunt your natural lip colour and seal or embalm them with a moist transparent layer. Get that glammed up look effortlessly with these.
Prepare your Lips for Clear Lip Gloss
The lip moisture and cosmetic underneath remains securely on the surface with the layer of clear lip glosses. The lips look fresh and healthy upon gloss application. It is very important to follow these steps to flaunt your real lip colour from underneath the gloss protection.
- Exfoliate your lips at least once or twice a week. Depending on the deposits of dead lip cells on it, the colour varies from pink on the inside to dark brown on the outside. If your lips are dark in colour and you need not worry over it. Lip colour can vary from pink to soft brown and dark shades too. The clear lip gloss celebrates this diversity of lip colours. It embellishes the bare lip surface to something very special and impressive. Get the eyes of your admirers hooked to you with gloss.
- Prepare a home made lip scrub or use a packaged scrub and apply as directed. Use your index finger to take a small amount of the mixture and apply it on your lips. Rub gently with the same finger and leave it for some while. Rinse off with water and viola! Your lips are clean and ready to go for lip gloss. The body heat or warmth from the lips melts down the greasy nature of these glosses. It looks thinner, yet holds on to your lip surface for longer periods of time. In case you got lipstick shade, then it outlasts its usual time.
- While removing gloss and lipstick from your lips, use lukewarm water and if the stain remains, then use a tablespoon of white vingear with 2 cups of lukewarm water mixture. That should solve the problem.
- Hydrate your lips with lip balm overnight for ready to go lips the next day.
- Now apply the clear lip gloss. Sweep the gloss in a single go on your lower lip and press your lips together. If your lips need more of that shimmer, apply another layer on the previous one.
- Another way is to apply your favourite makeup primer and then lipstick for an even finish. Then apply a layer of clear gloss on both lower and upper lip. It looks fabulously hot, increasing the volume and pout of your lips.
Lip gloss uses natural and synthetic ingredients in proper proportions to get the right amount of texture and melting effect to your lips. Natural ingredients include coconut oil, sunflower oil and aloe base. While the synthetic ones use petroleum products, lanolin, different kinds of waxes such as beeswax, carnauba wax etc.
The modern clear gloss manufacturing has ensured to supplement these with vitamin E. Essential oils such as Kauai oil have also made up to its composition, for soothing effect of clear lip glosses. The sticky lip glosses are things of past. Now clear, non-sticky and stylish, easy to handle applicator glosses have won the heart of ladies all around the world.