Gaining muscle requires more than lifting weights. To gain your dream muscles and body shape, you must incorporate muscle-building supplements to your regimented exercise and persevere to endure the exercise activity. There are several supplements available; however, not all are safe and effective for muscle development. So, in this article, we have discussed the five best supplements for improving muscle gains.
To gain muscles, you must eat more proteins than the amount your body breaks down through a natural process. There is more than one protein supplement available in the market. Some examples of these protein supplements are whey, casein, and soy protein. Whey protein appears to be the most recommended in this category. Whey protein helps your muscle to repair and grow after a strenuous workout. Whey protein is one of the fast-digesting proteins, making it ideal to be taken after a workout. It also contains peptides (small proteins) that increase blood flow to the muscles.
- 20-30 grams of whey protein with high glycemic carbohydrate is perfect. Timing is pre-workouts and post-workouts.
- The best form is a whey powder.
It is a molecule naturally produced in our bodies and provides energy for muscle and other body tissues. Dietary supplements can increase creatine content beyond its normal levels. It is excellent for those who are in dire need to build muscle faster and easier. Creatine helps in rising water levels in your muscle cells, making your muscles swell slightly. It also provides you with better strength, performing better during exercises, resulting in higher muscle mass over time.
- The best way to increase creatine is to follow a daily loading method for 5 to 7 days, followed by a standard dosage of 5 grams each day.
Beta-alanine is a naturally occurring non-acid that comes into the body through protein food. It is an amino acid that reduces fatigue and helps in increasing performance. The performance effect is due to the ability to increase carnosine levels. Some of the benefits of beta-alanine supplementation include.
● Increased total training volume.
● Delayed fatigue during intense training.
● Improved endurance during hard train.
● An overall increase in muscle building.
- 4-6grams per day is just a reasonable amount for any body-building activity.
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs)
Branched-chain amino acids contain three amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Branched-chain amino acids are essential, meaning they cannot be obtained from the body and are obtained purely from food. BCAAs are especially recommended if you are not taking enough high-quality protein in your diet. The benefits of branched-chain amino acids include:
● Decreased level of muscle damage.
● Improved endurance during exercise.
● Alleviated muscle soreness.
How BCAAs help you keep your muscle
● Increase protein synthesis.
● Reduce protein breakdown.
● Allow you to have better workouts by reducing the amount of serotonin produced.
- Timing: Pre-workouts, intra-workouts
- How much to take: 5-7 grams?
Nitric oxide boosters
Nitric oxide is a molecule found throughout the body and it is involved in many body processes. Nitric oxide can dilate blood, therefore, increasing the blood flow to the muscles. For this reason, oxygen, nutrients, anabolic homes, and water are optimally delivered to a specific muscle. When nitric oxide is used in conjunction with NMN (nicotinamide mononucleotide) powder, the workout experience is much improved. NMN powder is a compound known to support health as well as promoting longevity. The powder supplement helps in reducing obesity and helps in boosting energy. The benefits of using nitric oxide boosters are:
● Enhanced muscle pump during a workout.
● Muscle recovery and growth after a workout.
How to maximize nitric oxide boosters
Take one dose at each of the following times.
● In the morning before breakfast.
● 30-60 minutes before training.
● Immediately after training.
● 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
Eating the right food and lifting weights might be the best way to build muscle. However, to maximize your muscle gains, you will need to incorporate supplements into your routine. There are many supplements available, and not all are safe and effective. Nitric oxide boosters, branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), beta-alanine, creatine, and whey proteins are known to be the best muscle-building supplements on the market.