QuickBooks is a well-known Intuit product that is used for accounting and other financial tasks in a business. Mid-sized and small businesses use it to make duties easier to complete and to receive a one-stop solution for all accounting difficulties. Regardless matter how good QuickBooks is, it, like any other program, can cause problems. As a result, the business developed the QuickBooks File Doctor program, which automatically detects and fixes errors in the application. The program can be used to resolve any application-related issues, such as company file or network errors. We’ll go through the QuickBooks file doctor tool in great depth in this article. We’ve shown you how to download and install it on your computer. Let’s get this guide underway for you.
QuickBooks File Doctor: An Overview
QBFD is a tool that may be used to fix a variety of difficulties with your QuickBooks application, including connection, network, and update issues. It will discover all tool faults while scanning the system and fix them on its own. The utility may also scan and repair damaged or corrupted QuickBooks corporate files if they are recoverable. Apart from that, it is simpler to use and can be accessed at any time.
The QuickBooks file doctor tool combines two tools: a company file diagnostic tool and a network connectivity diagnostic tool. As a result, the user no longer needs to download the programs separately and can just utilize file doctor.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Resolves Errors
As previously stated, the file doctor can assist in the resolution of many mistakes. If you are experiencing any of these issues, you can use the tool to resolve them.
- Error code 6000 301
- QuickBooks is not responding
- QuickBooks error code 6150
- Error code 6189 QuickBooks
- H series errors
- QuickBooks is not able to open the company file.
- QuickBooks is not able to connect.
- Different network issues.
- Vendors, customers, and employees lists are empty.
- Error code 6000 335
- QuickBooks error 6130
Points to Remember About QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You’ll need to keep a few things in mind while using the QuickBooks file doctor tool. We’ve put together a list of everything you need to know below.
- To begin, ensure that only one version of the file doctor is installed on the system. If there is another version on the system, you will need to delete it.
- You should be aware that the built-in feature is only available in QuickBooks versions after 2015. If you’re using an older version, you’ll need to use an external file to do the same.
- In addition, QuickBooks doctor file repair is only available for Windows users. It does not work on a Mac.
- Aside from that, you may notice that the prompt for QuickBooks file repair will display on the screen automatically for specific mistakes. All you have to do now is select the start option and finish the scan.
QuickBooks File Repair Doctor Types
There are two sorts of QuickBooks doctor file repair tools available. On the official QuickBooks application, both versions are available. The following are the two types:
Only the QuickBooks program is included in this edition of the tool. The system requirements for this version are minimal. You must ensure that the QuickBooks application is fully updated in order to continue utilizing the tool.
Tool that can be used on its own
This version is available to address difficulties with the hosting server and connectivity. You can only use this utility if your system has a database server management installed. When deciding between the two versions, this one is more popular and widely used.
How to Get and Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Now, if you want to download a QuickBooks file doctor, follow the instructions below. To complete the process quickly, make sure to follow them in the same order.
- To begin, make sure you have the most recent and supported version of the QuickBooks file doctor program installed on your computer. Keep in mind that if you have another version installed on your machine, you must first uninstall it before installing the new one.
- Now, double-click the saved file to bring up the installation window. You must now complete the installation procedure by following all of the directions on-screen.
- Start the tool on the system once you’ve finished. You may now select the required company file by using the drop-down menu or the Browse option.
- After that, choose the check file damage option in the window and then pick to diagnosis the file.
- After that, you’ll be taken to another prompt where you’ll have to choose between two possibilities.
- If there is a problem with corporate files, such as series 6000, you must select the first option.
- If you have network problems, such as QuickBooks Error H202, you must choose the second option.
- When you’re finished, you’ll be prompted to input your credentials. Choose the next option after entering the correct credentials.
- You’ll have two options in the next box for how you want the diagnostics to be done. Choose the option that best matches your needs.
- If you’re utilizing the application on a client system, you’ll need to select the workstation option. You must ensure that the file is not shared over the internet.
- If the file is stored on the network and you are using QuickBooks on a client system, you must select the second option.
- If you’re using QuickBooks on a workstation or a server, select yes when you’re finished.
- The procedure will now commence. You will have to wait for the process to finish because it will take some time depending on the file size and internet speed.
- After that, you’ll get a success message on the screen when it’s finished.
- After that, close the window and open QuickBooks.
What You Should Know About QuickBooks File Doctor’s Built-in Version
Now, if you’re utilizing the built-in version of QuickBooks file repair, here’s a checklist of everything you’ll need to remember.
- The tool can be used to fix the company’s file and data. To utilize QuickBooks on the system, you must first download and install the application.
- You should also be aware that the built-in QuickBooks doctor file repair feature is not available worldwide. It is only available in California, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
- Furthermore, the program works with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2003-2012.
- Keep in mind that you’ll need to install the Microsoft.Net Framework on your computer. If the tool isn’t available on the system, you’ll have to use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to access it.
How to Use QuickBooks’ Built-in File Doctor Tool
You’ll need to follow a few basic steps to use the built-in QuickBooks file doctor function. The tool will then detect and correct the problem. To use the built-in QuickBooks file doctor, complete all of the steps listed below.
- To begin, make sure you haven’t opened any corporate files on your computer, then launch the QuickBooks application.
- Now you must go to the File menu and then to the Utility menu to find the “utilities” option.
- Select it by clicking on it. After that, select the option to repair the file, and then select the network issue option. The procedure will start.
- After that, select Browse from the drop-down menu. The tool must then be directed to the folder containing your company file.
- Select the option to see advanced settings, then select the type of remedy.
- After that, you must input your credentials. Next is the option to select.
- Allow the scanning process to complete before resuming QuickBooks on the system.
There are a variety of consequences that can occur while utilizing the QuickBooks file repair tool. A list of those outcomes can be found below.
The Problem Has Been Solved Using This Tool
The greatest desired outcome of using the tool is this. As a result, the QuickBooks file doctor was able to identify and resolve the problem. All that’s left to do now is select the option to open the relevant file.
There are no issues found.
The next step is for the tool to fail to discover the problem with the com[any file. It’s possible that the tool failed to detect the problem. To do so, log into your company file and look for any errors. After that, select the auto data recovery setup option and begin entering transactions since the last backup.
The Problem Couldn’t Be Solved by the Tool
The final scenario is when the tool detects the problem but is unable to resolve it. You’ll need to use the auto data recovery setting option for this. It’s up to you whether you want to manually enter the transactions or upload a file.
Advantages of Using QuickBooks File Doctor
There are a variety of reasons why QuickBooks file repair is recommended. Check out the whole list of the file doctor’s benefits.
- The most prevalent explanation is that the program can resolve network problems.
- The utility may also fix the 6000 series faults, which are system-killing.
- After then, if you’ve lost important file data, the utility can help you recover it.
- Other than that, you can use the tool you were trying to use to access a file on a different network.
- QuickBooks file repair can also be used to repair corrupted data.
- Finally, you can use this tool to correct errors such as H303 and H505.
The Drawbacks of QuickBooks File Repair
The QuickBooks doctor file repair tool has a number of advantages, but it also has a few drawbacks. Take a look at the drawbacks listed below.
- To begin, make sure that the file is 2GB or less in size.
- Aside from that, you’ll need an internet connection to use the program on the machine. To use the tool, you must remain connected to the system.
- In order to utilize the tool, you must also have administrator access.
- Finally, we recommend that you use the tool if you are having trouble viewing your file.
This was how you could download a QuickBooks file doctor. We have attempted to provide you with all of the information regarding QuickBooks file repair that you require prior to utilizing the tool. You can seek technical assistance if you still have questions about the matter. We hope you found the information in this article useful.