Are the signals of your home WiFi network troubling you while streaming movies or completing somean important online task? Netflix, Amazon, or YouTube are taking too long to respond?. If your answer is in a big yes, then you might be in trouble. So, what did you did do to fix the issue? Kicked off your modem or updated its firmware? Though your existing modem is the backbone of your home network;, sometimes, it fails to provide you the expected internet range. In such a situation, installing a Netgear Nighthawk router can help you in a big manner. If you don’t know the process to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router, follow the steps given below to get the job done without any ado.
There are 2 easy methods to setup Netgear router:
- Set up using Netgear Nighthawk app
- Set up using the web-user interface
We will assist you with both the methods one by one:
Set up Netgear Router Using Nighthawk App
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Windows 10. from Play Store. You can also download the Netgear Nighthawk app for Apple or MacBook from App Store.
- Attach the antennas and connect your modem to the internet port on your Netgear router.
- Power on your Netgear router. Wait for the power LED to light green.
- Connect your PC or laptop to the available WiFi network.
- Enter the WiFi password and click on Connect.
- Launch the Netgear Nighthawk app on your WiFi-enabled device.
Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Netgear router with ease.
- Important: In the event thatif you havefind any kind of trouble while connecting your mobile device, PC, or laptop to your home WiFi network, try power cycling your router. Once you are done with power cycling, repeat the steps from 3 to 7.
Set up Using Web-User Interface
- Using a wired connection, connect your modem to the yellow internet port of your Netgear Nighthawk router. Make sure to provide your Netgear router and the modem an uninterrupted power supply.
- Connect your computer, laptop, or mobile device to your home WiFi network.
- Press the Power button on your Netgear router.
- Open a web browser on a WiFi-enabled device and enter routerlogin.net.
You are prompted to log in to router.
- Enter the default Netgear router login credentials and click on Log In.
- Netgear Genie setup wizard screen displays.
- Select ADVANCED and click on Setup Wizard.
- Make sure to select the Yes radio button and click on Next.
- Your Netgear Nighthawk router detects the internet connection.
- Click on Next.
- The Congratulations page displays confirming that your Netgear router is successfully set up and ready forto use.
To make the most out of your Netgear Nighthawk router, update its firmware. To do so, follow the following steps.
- Navigate to the official site of Netgear.
- Once you are in there, enter your device’s model number and click on Downloads.
- After that, select a firmware version available for your device, unzip it and click on Download.
- Launch an internet browser and enter routerlogin.net.
- Enter the login credentials in the provided fields of the displayed page and click on ADVANCED.
- Select Firmware Update option and Click on Choose File or Browse.
- Once done, click on the Upload button and your device will be updated.
So, in this way, you can easily set up your Netgear router and make the most out of it by updating its firmware. On the off chance you need help regarding the post, feel free to drop your queries into the comments section. And if you need assistance related tofor the Netgear extender setup process as well, updating the firmware or any, reach out to our technical experts right away.