In modern times, it has become extremely important to have a public presence and having a website or app is just the rightmost way to do it. App and website both allow you to interact with your customers and target audiences in an easy and smart manner. You can send proactive reach-outs to your customers and share valuable information regarding the latest product launches. You can cater to their complaints via Live Chat plug-ins and also collect important user feedback via on-page surveys etc.
However, when it comes to making a choice between the two, there are a number of things that you must consider before arriving at the final answer. For example, you might have a business for which having a mobile app is better than having a mobile website, such as an online payment portal, eCommerce business, or animation etc.
Here, we compare mobile websites with mobile apps on various parameters and offer insightful advice on which one is better for your business and why.
So, if you are currently juggling between having a mobile website or app, take a thorough read and then arrive at the final answer.
Mobile Website – What, Why and Benefits that You Must know
A mobile website is the best suited online presence for every business out there. This is because the number of mobile users is increasing with every passing day, and is currently standing above 3 billion, as per a global study. With such a huge audience available for tapping, having a mobile website is a must.
If you are still thinking that having a regular website is as good as having a mobile website, then try to open a non-responsive website on your smartphone and witness the difference yourself.
A mobile website is designed such that all the information and browsing options are compatible with mobile users. They can scroll the content easily, see and browse the different sections and product categories and feel familiar with your website while visiting it. A mobile website comes with an excellent user experience and the users don’t have to deal with the distorted content or displaced website sections.
Hence, having a mobile website becomes essential for offering a delightful visitor experience.
Benefits of having a mobile website:
- A mobile website offers a streamlined visitor experience and your visitors are able to see your products, services and every other information properly.
- A mobile website allows you to place the content sections strategically to boost user engagement all the while increasing the time spent on your website.
- You can put various modules such as surveys, feedback gathering forms, live chat plug-ins and contact information etc.
- Having a mobile website allows you to make use of website optimization tools to boost your website conversions and capture more leads.
- A pleasant website means that the users are going to enjoy the experience of exploring it. They are highly likely to revisit and recommend your website to others as well. All this has a direct impact on your revenue and popularity.
Hence, having a mobile website is the key to sustainable business growth.
Mobile App – What, Why and Benefits that You Must know
A mobile app is developed as an application for various mobile operating systems and must be downloaded to be used. A mobile app is a dedicated and standalone brand presence that is constantly available to your customers and offers one-touch access to your business.
It is developed especially for mobile users and is a wonderful and efficient alternative to a website. Myntra is an excellent example of a business that made it big with only an app and then returned with a website yet again!
Like mobile websites, mobile apps also offer a lot of advantages, such as:
- Mobile apps are great for promotions and for offering exceptional customer support.
- Mobile apps allow you to introduce different customer-centric programs, such as loyalty programs, rewards and contests. Such things boost your customer experience and drive customer engagement.
- Mobile apps allow you to interact with your customers on a more refined and direct level. It makes it easier to share critical information and time-sensitive information, such as special discounts, promo offers and delivery related information.
- The customers experience better engagement and experience 24X7 visibility via a well-built mobile app.
Which one is better?
There is no single answer to this question, because for some businesses, it is a website, and for others, it is an app. Actually, the final answer depends on various parameters, such as:
- Type of business
- Scale of business
- Type of products or services you offer
- Team size
- Audience or customer size
- Market research insights
For example, if you have a payment portal, such as Paytm etc, with unique brand offerings, it is better to have an app. It allows better customer experience and better use of facilities. You can show the different sections easily with the help of icons and make the most of screen-space as well.
On the other hand, if you have a cooking recipe business, having a website is better, as it offers a better flow of information. Your users can simply scroll the web pages and go through the necessary information.
Finally, if you have an enterprise-level business or you belong to the SME sector, it is better to have both – the mobile websites as well as mobile apps. They will allow you to make the most of both worlds and steer your business towards growth. You can offer personalized customer experiences via the app and gather actionable insights from the website visitor data.
On the closing note, we wish to say that no matter which one is your final choice, it is better to consult some reputed app development company in Kochi that can guide you regarding the entire process and help you identify your business needs. You can thus make an informed decision, which is always better than taking a guess.