Car accidents can cause physical disabilities and mental trauma that can render the person disabled for a short period or a long time. Having your car accident insurance claim rejected again and again can be very frustrating and depressing. Claim adjusters can repeatedly reject your claim of Long term disability, but that does not mean you are out of options.
You can hire a professional car accident lawyer in Toronto who can guide you in building your personal injury claims and present you in court to seek compensation for the damages incurred.
The most unfortunate could be the denial of the insurance claim. Insurance companies have an internal process to settle your claim once it has been denied. But the company’s internal process can take a long time to settle. They demand extra corroborative documents, medical documents and tests to process the claim. Moreover, once the insurer has made up their mind, it is difficult to reverse the decision.
Insurance adjusters can only talk with the insurance company on your behalf to get the best outcome for your insurance claim, but a Lawyer can represent you in court in case of insurance denial by the company.
How can a lawyer help you after a car accident?
A car accident lawyer is a valuable resource who can help you with the following:
- Conducting a thorough investigation, reviewing medical and police records and recording eyewitness testimony.
- Building a solid case on the details of the accident.
- Communicating with insurance companies, lawyers and other parties involved.
- Finding a proper medical treatment for you.
- Keep you updated with the process and address the questions that you have.
What qualities should you look for in a car accident lawyer?
- Experience: The more experienced the lawyer is, the best he can guide you through. Before choosing a lawyer, ask them about their total experience in car accident cases and winning ratio.
- Successful record: The potential of a good lawyer is judged through their success rate. You must look for their past wins and see if they have won any complicated cases related to any huge insurance companies.
- Availability: Look out for a lawyer who is passionate and always available to address your doubts. They shouldn’t have a long list of clients pending. The location of the lawyer’s office should be near your home. Otherwise, the lawyer will not be able to serve you well.
- Excellent communication skills: A lawyer with excellent communication skills can put your case more effectively in front of the judge and convince the insurance company to pay the required compensation on behalf of the client.
- Transparent: Hiring a lawyer can be an expensive affair. You want to be totally upfront with the lawyer about the cost involved. Most lawyers use a contingency fee structure where the lawyer only charges you the money when the decision is in your favour of you.
Don’t worry if you have got a denial from an insurance company. Many people could reverse the insurance company’s decision by hiring a car accident lawyer. They know their clients’ hardships and step up to provide moral and emotional support during this testing time.