Let us clear this huge confusion. Dynamics 365 Dynamics AX doesn’t really exist anymore. Microsoft has confined this particular term to books of history such as AutoRoute, Mail, and MapPoint. We don’t even remember these retro products, right? Microsoft managed to remove the interface of AX in 2018 and then the product was effectively rebranded and got the name Dynamics FO or Finance and Operations.
However, the users aren’t still used to the new term and keep on referring to the product from its previous name, AX. Hence, for clarity’s sake, that is what we’re using as well. Whether you remember the product as AX or FO, there is a pretty huge issue with the tool. While AX tends to be a great tool for ERP as it handles different segments such as productions, logistics, sales, procurement, and much more, most users aren’t able to perform these actions in the Cloud. Yes, this business solution is only usable on-premises, which might lead to different problems.
There isn’t really much competition when we talk about Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365. So, this is your chance to make the switch from AX to 365 right now and enjoy the important benefits of the new software that is both improved and reliable.
Why Make the Switch to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation?
With the help of the Dynamics 365 tool Finance and Operations, the solutions are all provided on the Cloud. Hence, there is more scalability, better security, as well as other performance-related benefits. Mentioned below are some important benefits that businesses can achieve after picking Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
- Organizations will be able to optimize the performance of the companies with amazing updates and automated business continuity. With streamlined workflows from the Cloud, one can ensure that all processes are taken care of with amazing precision.
- Since the legacy system that works on-premises used to make it pretty strenuous to keep up with different modern-day business practices like remote working, the cloud solutions are better options. Your teams will be able to properly communicate and collaborate within the business environment created in the cloud.
- Apart from that, the teams will also be provided with the most amazing and latest technology on a virtual level. This will also increase the productivity amongst different teams. There are better data recovery and security tools for ensuring the protection of company data.
- The Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations tool comes with improved features of Data Compliance that are totally on par with all the important regulations made by the government.
- With this tool, the companies will be able to receive more value from different tools belonging to the family of Microsoft as well as the Dynamics 365 ecosystem such as Power Platform, Microsoft Azure, Teams, Outlook, Excel, and so much more.
Is Dynamics Ax More Expensive?
A deciding factor for the choice between AX and FO might be the cost. The on-premise system of AX comes with additional costs. Businesses and organizations have to make payments for different elements of physical infrastructure that will power the entire system. Hence, expenses include servers, data storage options, and other important physical facilities. All these options can elevate the costs. Also, there is an additional cost of support as well as maintenance. All of that tends to be pretty expensive when considering the alternative that doesn’t cost much.
Invest in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Right Now
Considering the opposite solution which is a cloud-based software tool named D365 FO, all you have to do is pay for licensing options which are monthly, customizations, and implementation options. That is pretty much all. No hidden charges and no support and maintenance payments. There aren’t any data centers that you have to maintain or physical servers that you have to take care of. Not to mention that there aren’t any replacement and repairing-related issues as well. Of course, there are costs associated with licensing, since it is set by the company. But you will also be able to shop and look around for the best implementation partners that will help with the customizations.
Companies also train their employees and partners on using Dynamics 365 FO at minimal cost and save some money there as well. So, ultimately the costs are reduced when compared to the expensive option of AX.
At this point, it is pretty clear. If you choose to properly migrate from Dynamics AX and move to Dynamics Finance and Operations, you will have a chance to enhance the economic value of the business. With Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, you can simply stop worrying about the maintenance of physical hardware or payments for additional security. Just make some important investments in implementation costs, customizations, as well as training. There are different implementation partners to help with cost-saving solutions as well with D365 Finance and Operations.