When you are looking for solutions to fix the issue of Roku error code 017, then you need not panic. We have come up with this informative article through which we will help you to resolve the issue.
We know that you might have been irritated with the Roku because of this issue. But there is nothing to worry about as this is an issue that you are facing when your Roku is not connecting to the internet.
The Roku is not going to stream the content that you have to watch when you are facing this issue.
Let us first see the causes responsible for this issue:
The Roku error code 017 is nothing but an issue of connectivity. If you have purchased Roku, then you must know by now that your Roku is nothing without the internet. It is a streaming device and is going to work if it is connected to the network.
You will also get this error when the Rokis getting a poor wireless signal strength. There are some on-screen instructions which you need to follow and the router must be very close to each other.
Let us now see how to resolve the Roku Error code 017:
If you are looking to resolve the Roku error code 017, then follow the steps that have been mentioned below:
- One of the easiest ways to resolve this issue is by restarting the device. In order to restart the device, the first thing that you need to do is to click on the system that is followed by the option of the system restart.
- You can also do that by switching off the device and then unplugging the wires. After that, you need to plug them in again. This will restart your device.
- You need to make sure that your devices connected to the right network.
- The distance between your router and the device must be far. There are many users who are going to get weak signals when their device is placed far away from the router. This is going to result in this issue.
- Make sure there is no interference such as the radio waves, microwaves, etc as these are the performance inhibitors and can easily block the signal.
- There are many cases where the router has antennas. You can easily re-orient them.
- If you are not able to change the place of the router and then Roku will use the Wi-Fi extender.
Let us have a look at some of the advanced steps to resolve Roku error code 017:
Rebooting the Roku:
There are at times when the issue is nothing but just a glitch. The glitch can happen at any time. So make sure that you follow some steps in order to resolve the issue.
The first thing that you need to do is to switch off the device and then plug out the cables. When you plug out the cables you need to wait for at least 30 seconds. After the time is over, you need to attach all the cables again and then switch off the device.
You need to make sure that whether or not if you have resolved the issue or not. If you are still not able to resolve the issue, then you must follow the next step.
Check the Wi-Fi connection:
One other thing that you need to check is whether or not your device is connected to the Wi-Fi connection. If you find out that the Wi-Fi connection is slow, then there might be the possibility that you are facing theError code 017 on Roku.
In order to resolve this issue, what you need is a strong and stable connection that is very reliable. You need to check whether or not the Wi-Fi connection is slow or strong. You can easily check it by opening the chrome or the network connection.
Move your device closer to the Wi-Fi:
If you are even facing the issue when your internet connection is good, then it means that you might have placed the device far away from the router. When that happens, your device is not going to catch any signals and thus you will not be able to stream the content through Roku.
This is why it is advised to move the router close to the use or use an extended so that you do not have to face this issue again.
There might be at times when none of the issues are going to work for you. If you are one of those, then it is totally fine as the issue might be something out of the reach. When that happens, get in touch with our experts.
They will provide you with the best solutions!