Bellsouth email was originally introduced as an independent email service, however, in due course of time, new email service providers with newer features, functionality and advanced security features were introduced. Users were getting attracted to such facilities, moreover, users started facing Bellsouth email not working issue. Due to such reasons, a major number of users cut off from using Bellsouth and thus Bellsouth has to face losses. Later on, it was amalgamated in the email services of AT&T incorporation and therefore, is now functional as its subsidiary email service.
Even after getting supported by such a giant corporation, users still continue to face some technical issues. Additionally, after Bellsouth email was bought by AT&T, people got confused that Bellsouth is no longer in existence and they cannot access their accounts, and also have lost all their contact and data. However, it is not the case, people having Bellsouth mail accounts can still access them by logging in through the AT&T email login page or accessing their oil Bellsouth email account through other email clients.
By going through this article, you will get to know some basic troubleshooting method to fix Bellsouth email not working issues and also some methods of successfully logging into your Bellsouth email account.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve Bellsouth Not Working Issues
Generate a Secure App Key
When we access our email account in some other email client like Outlook or Apple Mail, they might not give us entry to our account, if we are using the same email password as their app password, due to this reason some Bellsouth email not working issue can occur. Therefore, for the smooth functioning of your Bellsouth email account with other email clients you should generate and more secure app key or password. Following are the steps for doing so:
- First, you have to go to the AT&T email login page and sign in to your Bellsouth email account (email address will be of the form firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Within the dashboard of your email account, click on the “Sign-in Info” option.
- Select the email account for which you want to create a secure app key.
- Within the Secure Mail key tab, scroll down and select the “Manage Secure Mail key” option.
- There, choose the “Add Secure Mail key” option.
- Select the email client in which you are using your Bellsouth email account, click on the “Generate” or “Create secure mail key button”.
- A password or key will appear.
- Copy it from there, and paste it on the add app password window of your email client.
2. Change your Mail password
Many times changing the mail password is able to fix Bellsouth email not working problems. And I must say, changing its password, is not an easy task, you have to go through the whole long process to get it done.
Nevertheless, we have made it simpler for you, you just have to follow the below-mentioned steps to change your Bellsouth email password:
- First, you have to open your browser and visit the AT&T sign-in page.
- On that page, in the login form, you will see Forgot password link, just below the password text field. Click on it.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Account Recovery page. There, you have to get yourself verified.
- Under the password tab, select any way of verification.
- Thereafter, you have to enter your email address and username associated with the Bellsouth email account for which you want to change the password.
- In the prompted window, enter the captcha code and click on the “Continue” button.
- On the next screen you will see three methods to change your password:
- Answer Security Question: You have to answer the question that you may have set during the account creation, whenever you wish to change the password.
- Send Temporary Password: You will receive a onetime password on your Bellsouth email id.
- Send Code on Phone Number: You will receive a code on your phone number associated with your Bellsouth email account.
- Choose any one option and follow the onscreen instruction to reach the password change window.
- There enter a new password and click on “Continue” to save the changes.
3. Wait for Bellsouth Email Servers to Restore
After going through the above two most common methods, if you are still not able to access your Bellsouth email account and Bellsouth email not working issue still persists, then it might be the case that servers of Bellsouth email are temporarily down. This can be due to the regular maintenance of the server. In this case, you cannot do anything, you just have to wait for some time to get your servers restored to normal working.
4. Reactivate your Bellsouth Email Account
If you receive a notification from AT&T internet Service Security, then you will not be able to access your Bellsouth email account. This is so because such notifications are sent to the users who have been sending spam email to other recipients. If you have been sending the same email to a large number of people over a short period of time, then this is considered as a spamming activity, and therefore your account might get deactivated by AT&T internet security service. In order to fix Bellsouth email not working, then you have to contact AT&T customer care.
5. Getting Message: Accelerator Not Found. Here’s what to do
Whenever we visit a website on the internet, the website stores a little bit of information about it on the browser in the form of cookies, which are later on used by the browser, to access that website fast, the next time you visit it.
These files sometimes get corrupted and cause a hindrance in the accessing of that website. Thus, if AT&T website cookies files got corrupted, you will see “Accelerator not found error” and will face Bellsouth email not working issue. In order to fix this, you have to clear all the cookies and cache files from your browser and then again try logging in to your Bellsouth email account.