When we discuss the most secure email clients for enterprises, Lotus Notes always be the first choice. It is one of the best email application that focuses on strong security features. That is why Organizations prefer IBM Notes for email communication. However, some internal error may arise in Lotus Notes while working on it. Errors such as users are facing while creating the file in Lotus Notes “File Cannot be created in Lotus Notes”. It occurs while performing archiving related functions.
After understanding the circumstance, here in this article will help you with its best techniques for the same. Let us learn some common reasons behind this error.
There would be the following reasons for File Can not Be Created in Lotus Notes
This type of error message arises while there is any data corruption in the NSF files. To recover these corrupted files use Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter. Apart from this, the error can occur when:
- Maybe the operating system is outdated.
- Image file asking for signature preferences.
- Administrative permissions would not be there.
- Storage problem.
- Incorrupt file because of virus attack.
- Memory leak or resource conflict happens in IBM Lotus Notes.
Ways to Overcome Error File Can not Be Created in Lotus Notes
There are a number of manual workarounds to overcome this error. All of them are listed below:
Method 1. Notes Data Directory Method
Here I am mentioning the best ever manual steps to overcome this error users need to delete the cache.ndk file and relaunch Lotus Notes.
- Go by closing the Lotus Notes application.
- Click the Open Tools option and go by Folder Options.
- An option of Hidden files will be open, go to the show hidden files and folders option.
- Here you will find Notes.Data.* directory.
- After proceeding with the above delete this and then relaunch the Lotus Notes application.
Method 2 Compact Your Workspace File
- Double click on Notes workspace.
- Select ‘Workspace Properties’ and click on another tab.
- Click the %used button.
- Then click on Compact.
Method 3 Check Notes Temp Directory
The main reason for the lotus notes ’file cannot be created’ is the deletion of the notes temp directory file by the antivirus program. So you have to check the following condition which is given below.
When the above statement is deleted, then restart the lotus application. When the application starts it creates a directory in the temporary folder.
Hence, told you the number of manual ways for the Error that File Can not Be Created in Lotus Notes. This method will remove the file or the directory to fix the error. If the manual method does not help you out to resolve the problem then, then migrate from Lotus Notes to another simple platform like Exchange Server or Office 365 would be the best one. To do so, you can use Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter designed by MailConverterTools. It can be used to convert corrupted Lotus Notes emails.