An ISP License, to put in simple terms, gives you the power to provide internet services in India. However, like any other license, this one also has certain conditions. If you don’t follow those conditions, the Department of Telecommunication would have no qualms about taking away your license, and that too without giving you any reason.
Therefore, once you have gone through the difficult step of ISP License online registration and have obtained the power to start an internet company, do everything you must to follow the rules.
But what are those rules? Some of them are simple, but others are too overtly complicated. Thus, we have condensed all of them into a simple list that you can follow at your pace.
DOs of an ISP License: Things you can do as an Internet service Provider
Following are the things that the Department of Telecommunication allows you to do after signing the ISP License agreement with you.
- Provide internet services in the area you’ve setup your ISP: Let’s start with the basic first. You’re allowed to provide internet services in the area for which you have obtained the ISP License. Not only that, the Department of Telecommunication WANTS you to provide your services, and do so quickly.
- Get in touch with other ISPs: If you think that you can’t handle the cost of hardware of your ISP, you are free to get in touch with other ISPs. You can then sign an agreement with them to share certain infrastructure. However, remember that when you do so, the Department of Telecommunication should be informed of the agreement.
- Start a franchisee: One of the most unique aspects of adhering to ISP license requirements and obtaining the certification is the ability to franchise your business. If you wish to truly expand yourself and reach out to more customers.
Don’ts of an ISP License: Things you’re not allowed to as an Internet Service Provider
Following are the things that you should stay away from and not get tempted by when you start an Internet service providing company:
- Trying to provide services without authorization: Many times, some hot blooded enterpreneurs who have started an ISP start a category C, but dream of providing the services of category A. There is nothing wrong with harbouring such an amazing dream. What is wrong is trying to turn that dream into a reality without the ISP license for it. Thus, if you’re a category C or a category B ISP, the DOT doesn’t allow you to provide internet services all over India.
- Discriminating among your internet subscribers: When you looked for the answer to the question of how to get ISP license in India,I bet you were not thinking about your customers. But you always should. If you obtain the license but discriminate among your customers when it comes to providing them services, DOT won’t be very happy. It’s specified in the terms and conditions that no service provider shall discriminate against his or her customers.
- Not maintaining a record of the customer complaints: Many ISPS, to appear customer friendly, try to hide the customer complaints they receive by not recording the customer care calls. One of the ISP compliances is to provide the Department of Telecommunication with a list of those calls. If you’re not maintaining the record of these conversations, DOT can penalize you.
How to adhere to these Dos and Don’ts?
An ISP License consultant is not just someone who helps you obtain the ISP License; he also provides post registration services. Having an understanding of ISP License agreement format, he knows exactly what steps you have to take, and which one to avoid, to maintain the status of your business.
Read More Useful Content: Rank Math SEO Plugin
Thus, if you wish to go beyond the answer of how to get Internet Service Provider License and actually wish retain your business, reach out to Registrationwala.