When arranging housing, we always strive for coziness and comfort, and the kitchen is no exception. When it comes to dressing kitchen windows, we face many questions. What to choose: traditional curtains in Dubai, blinds, or match both of them?
Blinds are very practical in comparison with classic drapes, and the kitchen space will be significantly protected from the sun’s rays. But there is a wide variety of blinds on the market. Which ones to choose? Let’s figure it out.
Variety of Trending Kitchen Blinds and Their Features
Modern window covers differ from each other in the following parameters:
- Arrangement of the plates (vertical, horizontal);
- Materials (fabric, plastic, aluminum, paper, wood, leather, bamboo);
- Colors (monochrome, color, gradient, photo printing);
- Transparency level (range from translucent to opaque);
- Components (plates, slats, panels, strips or solid material);
- Control method (manual, electronic);
- Type of installation (to the upper slope, to the wall, to the ceiling, overlay on the sashes, inside the sashes, with or without drilling).
Horizontal Blinds as Kitchen Window Treatment
Horizontal blinds are considered classic and the most popular. They are also called Venetian. The slats are located parallel to the windowsill and can be made of aluminum or other metals, plastic, bamboo, wood. They allow you to completely prevent the ingress of sunlight, or to regulate it at your discretion.
Benefits of horizontal blinds:
- Convenient in adjusting kitchen lighting
- Wide choice of material
- Fit very well into the interior of even a large kitchen
- Wide color palette
- Lamellas width may vary
- Accumulate dust, which is why it is necessary to clean them often.
Vertical Kitchen Blinds
Most designers believe that vertical blinds can visually increase the height of the room, which is especially important for apartments and houses with low ceilings.
Due to the fact that vertical blinds, unlike traditional curtains, do not consist of solid fabric, but of strips, they let the air flow through much better.
- Resistant to high humidity
- Regardless of the kitchen size, the blinds will look appropriate
- If the ceiling in the kitchen is too low, such blinds can visually make it higher
- If you combine blinds with curtains or drapes, the windows will look just perfect!
- Material of slats is resistant to fading in the sun
- Do not accumulate dust
- Make it difficult to access the windowsill, if any.
Roller Blinds for Kitchen — Fabric Covers
Such blinds are a single sheet that lifts up into a roll. This is a successful hybrid of curtains and blinds: the beauty of curtains is represented by a variety of fabrics — silk, cotton, linen, acrylic and cellulose, and the practicality of blinds is in its compactness and control method. Roller blinds are also made from bamboo, jute, burlap and other eco-materials, which makes them appropriate for any interior design.
- Look especially stylish and elegant
- Dense canvas perfectly hides the kitchen from the sun
- Appropriate in different style solutions
- Soot and grease stains are difficult to clean
- No washing allowed, only chemical dry cleaning
Blinds are the optimal solution for any kitchen. Functional and varied, they can be integrated into any design. See the photo to choose your ideal option of window treatment!