An online presence is essential for businesses as well as individual developers in this digital era. However, developers often find it confusing to choose a web development framework while developing websites. Frameworks are essential for web development. Since the demand for web applications is rising, the hunt for sophisticated technologies is also increasing. You need to leverage the best frameworks to create browser-compatible, feature-rich web apps and websites.
What is a framework?
People out there already know the definition, but I’d like to explain it with an example. Suppose I tell you to cut a piece of cloth in a rectangular shape of 5m by 3m; you can easily do that. But what would you do if I tell you that you need 10,000 pieces of clothes? You will start by making a frame of 5m by 3m and then cut the pieces of clothes. So in simpler words, you just created a framework to make your task easy. In the same way, to avoid performing the same task over and over again, you create a framework that has facilities for getting specific tasks done.
There are numerous frameworks available that come with their unique set of inventory. Even some of the most experienced developers get confused while choosing one because the future performance of the website depends on the chosen framework. Hence, we have listed some of the most popular web frameworks after conducting surveys and extensive researches. The study of the usage of these front-end and backend frameworks reflects their popularity.
Best front-end frameworks for Enterprise Solutions
ReactJS is more of a library, although developers consider it to be the best web development framework. It is the first framework to adopt a component-based architecture. We have jotted down a few reasons why it is famous among the developers:
- React stands out because of its components; it can break down a complex UI. Developers can now break a design into smaller components and start developing it. They do not need to worry about intricate designs anymore.
- React comes with virtual DOM that can increase the performance of a page. Apart from that, React also comes with numerous handy tools that make tasks easy for React JS developers.
If you aim towards building a single web page application, then Angular is your best choice. Google introduced Angular to simplify web development in 2010, and it kept up with time through numerous updates. Here are few advantages of using Angular JS:
- Google supports this framework, and it will always get timely updates; hence you can depend on it.
- You can easily add numerous third-party integrations. And that allows an Angular JS developer to improve the overall performance of the website.
- Developers can take advantage of dependency injection in Angular. Though creating dependencies can be time-consuming. But if you are working on a site with several functions, then it is worth it.
- An Angular web app has a faster loading time because Typescript and HTML are put together into Java Script before a browser loads your application.
- Angular comes with a minified jQuery library, and it has a compact size of 30kb. And due to its small ecosystem, you don’t need to worry about the performance at all.
- The extensive documentation of Vue makes it easy for people to learn. The resources are capable of handling complex operations, and the components are interactive.
- Vue is known for handling two-way data binding; hence the code is reactive. Whenever a code changes, the DOM changes accordingly. Thus, the Vue JS front end is a suitable option for single-page web apps.
- The framework comes with native support of TypeScript; thus, developers can easily migrate their applications from Angular to Vue.
Best backend frameworks for enterprise solutions
Just like the front-end, choosing a suitable backend framework is equally important. We have made a list of the most popular backend frameworks in the market. Unless there are any significant changes, these frameworks will continue to be popular.
Django is an open-source framework based on the python language. If you want to develop a feature-rich sophisticated website, then Django web development should be your first choice. This framework follows the (MVC)Model View Controller pattern. It is voted to be one of the best backend frameworks in the market. Here are few advantages of using choosing this framework:
- Django is easy to learn and use, and due to its lower learning curve, it is effective in boosting the whole development process.
- This framework comes with a huge range of features that can take care of many web development requirements. It assists in tasks like user authentication, sitemap, content administration, etc.
- Django development helps in fixing security issues like SQL injection, clickjacking, forgery, and cross-site scripting. The framework comes with a user-authentication system. Hence, visitors can securely store and manage their passwords.
- It is a versatile framework that can develop a wide range of applications. From networking applications to management applications, it has got your back. And due to its high scalability, it is capable of handling complex operational demands.
Laravel is also an open-source PHP framework for Symfony-based web applications. While following the MVC architectural pattern, it offers a modular packaging system along with a dependency manager. Rated to be one of the best, here are some of the advantages of using this framework:
- It makes implementing authentication easy because it has simple configurations. Laravel PHP framework makes authorization easy and gives you control of access to resources.
- Laravel comes with a simple API that works smoothly with the Swift Mailer library. It also offers drivers for SMTP, Mandrill, Amazon SES, Mailgun, and SparkPost.
- This framework offers cache backends like Redis, Memcached, and many other cache backends. It also allows users to configure multiple cache configurations.
- Full-stack Laravel development is made easy with the Monolog logging library integration. The framework also has support for numerous log handlers.
Java Spring Boot development is an open-source framework; the core features of this framework are useful for Java applications. Developers also use the opportunity to use extensions and create unique web apps. Here are some of the advantages of choosing Spring Boot:
Spring Boot has a wide user base; hence you can access free courses and learning materials designed by users worldwide.
- The framework autoconfigure components for a production-grade application. It also decreases the time invested in development and increases the overall efficiency.
- Developers don’t need to write annotations, boilerplate codes, and complex XML configurations. The framework comes along with embedded servers like Tomcat and Jetty.
- This Java framework provides admin support- you can manage an application with remote access. It also provides plugins that developers use to work with databases.
As a developer, you must stay up to date with all the tech trends, or else you might stumble when an innovative framework enters the market. It is okay if technology is not a core part of your business structure; you can always seek a free consultation from a web development company. These companies have a team of expert consultants and developers who will offer the best technical solutions and help you shape your business.