As much as people love to use one of the best social platforms, Facebook, it also comes with certain rules and regulations which are not to be meddled with. Facebook might block a user’s account if he violates a rule or a guideline by any means.
You can still recover your account if it gets locked by the platform itself. In today’s blog, we bring you some simple ways which can help you in recovering your locked Facebook account. But before we get into that, let us know more about as to why this happens;
Reasons As To Why Your Facebook Account Has Been Temporarily Locked
- Reported account-Your account may get temporarily locked by Facebook in case you have made a fake account and have been harassing or bullying someone then the person can report your account and if too many people report your account, then the Facebook will team will take action and will lock your account.
- Updating your database-Facebook searches its database for malicious and suspicious accounts during its database update process and makes sure to lock such accounts forever.
- Ignored warnings-The social platform takes its rules very seriously. If a user tries to violate the rules of the social platform, they will be warned of the consequences that follow but if they still proceed with their task, then Facebook will lock their account.
- Adding too many friends-If a user goes on adding every other person on the social platform randomly, then the Facebook algorithm will consider them as a robot or a spammer and their account will be locked forever.
- Suspicious activity-The Facebook team keeps tabs on every user’s account and if they find something suspicious on your account, then the platform will lock you out of your account instantly.
- Malware issues-Sometimes, Facebook may block your account for your safety. The platform may lock your account to protect it from spammers and other threats so make sure that you keep your account safe from spammers.
- Hacking concerns-Facebook may also lock your account if someone attempts to access your account just to safeguard your personal information. This way you may pay the price even if you are not the culprit.
Ways To Reactivate Your Temporarily Locked Facebook Account
- Clean your browser-If you are unable to login, give it a few hours before you try to log in again. Also make sure that you clean your browser history, caches, and cookies. That may help in logging in. you can also use different browsers.
- Get verified-You can try to recover your account using the steps given below;
- Visit the official homepage of Facebook and click on “forgot password”.
- Now, enter your mobile number or email address in the search bar to find your account.
- Click on your account from the list and select “this is my account”.
- Next, you can either recover your account via the phone number or your mail account.
- A verification code will be sent on your selected option. Enter the code and tap to continue.
- Set a new and stronger password to access your account.
- Get help from friends-You can also verify your account with the help of your trusted accounts. use the steps given below to do so;
- Click on the “forgot password” option.
- Now, search for your account by entering your username, phone number, or email address.
- From the given recovery options, click on the “no longer have access to these” option.
- Next, enter a mobile number or email address that is accessible for you.
- Click on continue.
- Next, hit the “reveal my trusted contacts”. Now ask your friends to visit this link http://www.facebook.com/recover to give you the code.
- Now, enter the code and press continue.
- Send an appeal-You can try sending an appeal if none of the above-mentioned methods work. Given below are some of the useful links using which you can send an appeal with ease.
- Form 1- https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/260749603972907.
- Form 2- https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/317389574998690.
- Form 3- https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/313733425335072.
Steps to Avoid Getting Locked Out of Facebook Account
- Try not to break any copyright policies.
- Make sure that you don’t post or comment on things that make you look like a spammer.
- It is advisable to not make a fake profile or impersonate some other user.
- Make sure that you tag or add people in certain groups with their consent or else it would make you look as if you are a spammer.
- Never use your account to promote your business, use a Facebook page instead.
- Try not to add too many random people from your Facebook account.
You can try to recover your locked Facebook account using these methods although the recovery also depends on the severity of the violation. If it is severe enough then the only way you can access this platform is if you create a new Facebook account.For further queries, you may contact the Facebook help center. You can also visit ityug247.com to get all the answers to your queries.