In this constantly changing digital marketing era, where new tactics are developing so often, blogging is still in the centre as the most powerful tool. As per reports, globally 440 active blogs are available on different search engines, and just on WordPress, 77 million posts get published each month.
If you are all set to start your WordPress blog, then remember it can be terrifying, especially if you are not geeky. Apartingly, just posting blogs on WordPress is not enough, your contents need to be effective and generic, as contents play the most potent influential part on blogging and in bringing readers of your blog. With the absence of great content, marketing and designing are also not going to have any sense. SO if you want your blogs to stand out from the crowd, you need to think a step ahead from basic blogging and need to understand the advanced techniques.
First, let’s check what all are needed to start a WordPress blog?
Basically, to start from scratch, you need three things to create a word-press blog.
- A domain name
- Web hosting account
- Interest and attention
Yes, it is right!! for starting on WordPress, you just required things mentioned above. However, to create a great and catchy high-quality content, you need great tactics. So, keep reading to find out the 16 impressive ways for WordPress blogs.
- Conduct research: Going through broad research for the topic is as essential in posting blogs as it is required for completing any project. No one likes repetitive and boring writeups to read. Before writing any topic, check out for previously published posts in the niche to enhance the first impression. By reading those blogs, you can write down the key points and conclusions to help in your writing further. Always focus on offering a new perspective and real values to your viewers. Plus, avoid writing contents on WordPress directly, as if something goes wrong with the internet, you will lose all of it. So create it first on Google Doc or Microsoft Word, whether it feels convenient to you. Once you are done with your content, do not copy and paste it directly on WordPress, as there are chances to transfer some easy codes from the text editor which can change the formatting. Instead, use paste and match style by simply clicking right click on white, black space.
- Captivating Headline and subheading: If you do not write competitive, compelling headlines and subheadings, there is a huge change to get skipped. As per a survey, most of the people tend to ignore the content and don’t even bother to read it, if they do not find it relevant according to their keywords. The headlines and subheadings help visitors to consume your content more accessible and break up your content with little milestones. Readers often skim the headings before moving ahead with the content thoroughly. For adding proper heading and subheading, you can use the drop-down list in the editor to choose the relevant headline style, either it can be heading 1, heading 2, whichever, you want. After selecting the appropriate heading, highlight the text and change the size, colour and font style through the editor.
- Include main features images: In word press, you can add featured images to enhance the chances of visibility, and these images will get shown when the article is shared online. Ensure to use relevant images according to the content ad it will work as the visual representation of your writing. For adding the featured image, you just need to go on the featured image section on the upper right side, drop it down and add the image through your media library.
- Target right audience: As a blogger, it is essential to know for whom you are writing. Simply putting your blog on WordPress and publishing it is not going to work, as an average reader has many traits and is not going to share any interest in it. Suppose, if you are writing a blog on paper help services, which generally should target students, and without knowing about your audiences, their interests, and beliefs, have posted it, not a lot are even going to click on that.
- Use small paragraphs: Small paragraphs help people to relate with the content and make it easier for them to read. Reading small point to point snappy content engages readers and does not feel like reading a novel. Also, it makes the writing more comfortable, so give it a go and see the results.
- Solve the issues: Mostly people do not read the blogs for education benefits; they go through the content in search of the resolution for their specific problems. This is why your blog must have actionable suggestions and practical tips with advice so that people can apply them practically after reading your post.
- Large text size: Using correct text size is an important and crucial thing in publishing any post on WordPress. If the text is too small, it can create difficulty in reading, and the reader loses focus. You can use 20px font size as it works well and almost readable for any. On WordPress, on the left-hand side, you can get an option to change the font size. Additionally, you can set the font size at once, to avoid the hassle to do it manually every time.
- Font style: Selecting exact font styles for the blog is always beneficial, as it makes it easier for users to read and engage. You can set the font according to the theme, though you can also change it through WordPress editor. To change to font style, select the text you want to change, go to the font style and choose accordingly.
- Colour of the font: Always try to use the dark colour font on the white background to make it stand out. Black or dark grey are the best font colours to choose from, which allow text to be read easily on a white background. Maybe you have also gone through with some websites which use lighter grey colour for the main content, that makes it difficult to read, and we generally leave the page sooner as it needs more concentration to read. For changing the font colour, first, select the content, then select the prefered colour from the colour swatch and apply.
- Using images on the post: Using engaging and relevant images are a great way to keep your visitors involved. It also helps you communicate your point effectively on a more visual level. However, try to avoid cheesy stock photos and opt for clear, helpful images. For adding pictures, you can go to the add media option, select the image from your doc file or computer, select the image and align it on the left, right, a centre from the right-hand side align tool.
- Use hyperlinks throughout the posts: Include relevant internal links of the other posts or pages of your website. These links help readers to navigate through your website without bothering them a lot. Hyperlinks usually get highlighted through different (mostly blue) colours, to lead the readers. To add the hyperlink, select the word or sentence you want to get linked to, right-click and insert the destination page. Adding hyperlink also helps in SEO for your blog posts.
- Search engine optimization: Include the best keywords in your blogs, using keyword planners to get searched in different search engines. However, keyword density should not go over 2%. Instead of dispersing keywords strategically through the content, include it into headlines, and meta elements to make the most significant impact on search algorithms.
- You can add social share buttons: Do not expect to have blog boosting without cross-promotion on other platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Besides the email and website, your blog must have the option to share a post on different social networks. WordPress offers a social share button plugin which allows you to increase social awareness with customized sharing icons following your posts. You can use a plugin for social media sharing or can add Tweetables to your posts. Or simply you can authorize your Twitter account for sharing and add the text to the field.
- Don’t forget about CTA: What is your goal as a blogger? Definitely to engage and inspire people to read your posts and take necessary action, right? It represents an inevitable part of each article action-CTA. However, you need to be too pushy and do not force people to click on that. You can follow the 80/20 ratio.
- Embed engaging and entertaining videos: Embedding videos with your blogs can dramatically increase the value of your content. You can easily add any video, using video hosting platforms such as Youtube etc. Use snippet code from YouTube to paste it onto your website.
- Proofread: No one likes to jeopardize their professional credibility and want to make their content engaging, attractive and flawless. Whenever you are done with a paragraph, go back and read it again, edit if needed. Also, once you are done with the entire blog, go back again to edit and proofread the whole text.
Despite the wide assortment of digital marketing tools, blogging is still standing apart from others as the most productive and result-driven feature.
Although creating great content is not enough, by keeping a few essential things in mind, you can come up with a perfect WordPress blog post, the competition in this field can be harsh for you.
Try to make your content and website attractive enough to keep the reader’s interest and a will to share.
In the above post, we have shared 16 ultimate tips to make your blog posts look fantastic.