Easily Migrate Domino Server Files to Exchange Server – Proven Solution
Have you ever wondered to find the right approach to migrate Domino Server mailboxes to Exchange Server? Want to know the foolproof solution to do the same? If YES, then here comes the blog for you. Here, we are going to disclose effective solutions to meet challenging Lotus Notes to Exchange Online migration in a simplified manner.
User Queries to Help Understand the Requirement in a Better Way
“Our team comprises of more than 280+ employees wherein we have been using Lotus Notes as our primary email program. Due to business reasons, our organization has decided to migrate Lotus Domino data to Exchange Server. As there are multiple files to be transferred, is there any feasible solution allowing bulk Lotus Domino mailbox migration to Exchange Online?”
“Our organization has decided to switch the email application from Lotus Notes to Exchange Server. As there are bulk Lotus Domino mailboxes, we are not able to find an accurate or suitable solution, which will answer our requirements. Though there is a manual solution to do the same, it will consume a lot of time as there are multiple NSF mailboxes. Hence, we are searching for some result-oriented third-party software, which will easily allow bulk Domino Server mailboxes to Exchange Online migration. Kindly suggest some advanced and reliable automated solution. Thanks!”
As mentioned in the above user-queries, there are similar such users out there who are seeking help in different technical communities and forums to know the appropriate solution to do the same.
Well, there has been a drastic increase in the number of Lotus Notes users migrating to Exchange Server platform. The reason behind this transition includes so many facts. Some of them include better data storage capacity in Exchange Server in comparison to Lotus Notes, Exchange Server renders simplified UI and advanced email service functionalities. Apart from this, the maintenance costs in terms of installation and operating charges are affordable whereas for Lotus Notes it is quite expensive.
Considering all these factors, it is pretty obvious why HCL Notes users are migrating to a reliable yet efficient platform like Exchange Server.
Searching for Manual Method – Migrate Bulk Lotus Domino Files to Exchange
It is a matter of fact that users often prefer manual method over the automated techniques because it is a cost-free approach. At the same time, users fail to understand the different downsides associated using the manual solution.
In order to migrate Domino Server mailboxes to Exchange Server manually, one can make use of inbuilt utility by Microsoft i.e., MS Transporter Suite. However, one must know the shortcomings associated with it before processing the data migration. Some of them includes:
- One needs to invest sufficient amount of time because of its lengthy steps
- There is always a risk of losing the data during and after the migration process
- When there are multiple NSF mailboxes for migration, the process becomes more challenging and tiresome
- In case of oversized Lotus Domino mailboxes, it fails to process the data migration
Are you worried about losing your crucial data after knowing the manual limitations? Do not worry! Stay calm and explore the upcoming segment.
Efficiently Migrate Domino Server Mailboxes to Exchange Server
Use SysTools Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration software to experience a seamless data migration of Lotus Domino files to the desired Exchange account. One can avail out of the box features while performing the migration. The software is designed to transfer complete Lotus Notes data items i.e., emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. to Exchange Online.
Some Highlighted Features of the Software Includes:
- Export entire data items from Lotus Domino mailboxes to Exchange Online
- Migrate NSF data items selectively from Select Categories section
- Date filter feature for desired data migration to Exchange Server by date wise
- Capable to remove encryption from encrypted NSF emails to migrate Domino Server mailboxes to Exchange Server
- Multiple advanced options such as option to exclude duplicate contacts
- Option to maintain HTML formatting, Internet Header, Doclink, etc.
- Option to map canonical names from names.nsf file
- Provides customized folder mapping option in the software panel
- Easy-to-use interface enabling users to swiftly perform the data migration
Time to Conclude
Often, there comes a need to migrate Domino Server mailboxes to Exchange Server upon changing or switching the email application. The answer to this challenging question is being emphasized in this write-up in detail. With respect to the various downsides corresponding to the native workaround, it is best recommended to use the aforementioned trustworthy automated solution for better results.