If the user is searching for a perfect method to import NSF file to Outlook PST format then, you are in the right place. Microsoft Outlook and IBM Lotus Notes both are popular email clients. Lotus Notes application stores the entire mailbox data in NSF (Notes Storage Facility) format. On the other hand, MS Outlook supports PST (Personal Storage Table) file format to save the mailbox items. Usually the Lotus Notes application is used in businesses or corporate. Users find many reasons for NSF to PST Conversion. So, there are various reasons due to which users need to import NSF to Outlook. Different techniques are available for migration, we will discuss manual as well as professional NSF to PST Converter methods here.
Before proceeding with the methods to import Lotus Notes to Outlook program, let’s first understand some common needs for the conversion.
Need to Import NSF File to Outlook
We have mentioned some of the common reasons below for which users want to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook program.
- MS Outlook application is more cost-effective than IBM Notes.
- The Outlook program can configure multiple accounts easily.
- Outlook offers a smooth user-friendly interface.
- Switching working space can be a reason to convert NSF to PST as it might be possible that the other working place may use the Outlook application.
Now, let’s move ahead to strategies to import Lotus Notes to Outlook. We will describe manual approaches first followed by the automated Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter.
How to Import NSF File to Outlook Manually?
The conventional manual process of migration is available to convert NSF files to Outlook. Performing the manual process for conversion might lead to human errors and ultimately data loss. So, before starting the manual steps users are suggested to create a copy of the original NSF data for keeping access to the crucial database under uncertain situations as well. The manual technique is somewhat lengthy, so we have divided the method into two steps for better understanding. Follow the steps carefully –
- Export NSF Files to CSV
- Convert CSV to PST Format
Step 1: Export NSF Files to CSV
- Launch the IBM Lotus Notes application.
- Click on the File tab.
- Press the Open button and select the Lotus Notes program.
- Browse to choose NSF files to export.
- Choose the Export option in the file menu.
- Enter credentials i.e, file name, saving type, and file location in the export dialog box.
- Choose the comma-separated value format.
- Choose options as per your convenience in CSV export dialog box.
- The data will now get saved in the defined location .
Step 2: Import CSV File into Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook program.
- Go to the File menu.
- Choose open & export option
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Press import from another program or file.
- Choose file type as comma-separated value.
- Browse to select the CSV file path.
- Select the path to store the exported file.
- Check on the checkbox in the import file dialog box.
- The entire CSV files are successfully imported to Outlook.
- Lengthy and more time consuming process.
- Unable to export NSF files in bulk.
- High risk of data loss.
- Migration of selective NSF files is not possible.
How to Import NSF File to Outlook Using Professional NSF to PST Converter
To avoid all the limitations that we have already seen above with the manual techniques, users can also use any reliable professional method. Professional methods provide a quick and accurate conversion. DRS Best NSF to PST Converter Online method can convert NSF to PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, PDF, HTML, Gmail, Live Exchange, Yahoo, Office 365, etc. Users can easily convert selective and multiple Lotus Notes NSF files without any difficulty. The software facilitates an auto search feature that helps users to find specific NSF files within the system. It supports entire versions of Lotus Notes. The free NSF to PST Converter demo version allows users to export 50 emails for free.
In this article above, we have discussed the simple methods to import NSF file to Outlook PST without any hassle. We can now conclude that, manual approach of migration has several drawbacks. So, it is suggested to opt for the advanced Lotus Notes to Outlook converter to convert NSF to PST without Lotus Notes installation requirement.