Intuit was designed by QuickBooks in the year 2012 with the aim of becoming the most effective accounting software available and it did live up to its expectations. It has well-equipped modern, and advanced easy-to-use features. It is majorly operated by the management firms, businesses, and companies in the tasks of management of the bill receipts easily, forming tax reports and finance bills, and other payroll services updates.
We now know its perks but the question still arises why is it still not being by a majority of users? The answer goes as the existence of bugs, errors, and other technical issues become the barrier while accessing the QuickBooks Desktop. We will now learn about one such type of error that can be seen with a text body message appearing on the screen as: ‘QuickBooks Won’t Open.’
This error can be witnessed when the company files are not accessible. In this article, QuickBooks won’t open a company file in Windows is the primary topic for the day. We will get to know all about the significant aspects related to it. Let us learn together and fix this error quickly.
Issues Faced when QuickBooks won’t Open Error Arises
Different issues can be faced when it comes to QuickBooks wont open error which are:
- No grant given QBs file access.
- The commands given to PC come to a standstill and hang a lot.
- The QuickBooks Desktop software becomes slow in its response.
- Input devices are not properly functioning as per the commands received.
Why QuickBooks won’t Open?
- The QB company file name is exceeding the character limit.
- Corruption of hard drive and other QBs files.
- Installation of QBs is not done properly.
- QuickBooks and OS are not upgraded to the latest released version available.
Troubleshooting the Quickbooks won’t Open Problem
We have gathered a few methods that can be carried out easily for solving this error.
Method 1: System Compatibility with the Latest Version.
- Within the start menu, type in ‘Updater’ and tap the Enter key.
- After looking for updates, the server will take up a few moments and give a list of the latest windows updates available.
- You are required to choose the option named Download.
- The final step is to reboot the computer system.
Method 2: Uninstallation and Installation of QuickBooks
- Within the start menu, type up ‘Control’ and tap the Enter key.
- Go for Add/Remove Programs.
- Now, launch QuickBooks and tap on Uninstall.
- The uninstallation will be completed and then you need to restart the computer.
- Now, install the QuickBooks desktop again using the exe file.
- Open the file and do according to the installation instructions present on the screen and at last, click on Finish.
- The won’t open errors will be solved now.
Method 3: Turning off QBW32.exe
- At first, hold Alt + Shift + Delete altogether to access the task manager.
- Now, go for the tab named Process and click on Image Name for the arrangement of the processes in alphabetical order.
- Click on Exe.
- At last, click on the option of End Process and it will switch off the exe processes.
Method 4: Restarting the System
The effective and one of the easiest methods for eradicating any problems, and other bugs in your PC is through a successful System Restart. With this reboot, you will not face such errors again as they will be self-eliminated in no time.
Method 5: Taking Back Files to the Windows Desktop
- At first, open the QBs company file and right-click on the file.
- Hit on Copy and access QuickBooks.
- Do a right-click and click on Paste.
- Start to rename the file.
- Open QuickBooks and then choose the File menu.
- Hit on the option Restore Company.
- Choose the pasted company files and the company files can easily be accessed.
- In case you still can’t access the company files, take back the files to their default location and rename them again.
Method 6: Quick Fix My Program
- Download and Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Exit QuickBooks and then download its latest released version.
- Save the exe file.
- Access the downloaded file named “QuickBooksToolHub.exe.”
- Do as per the instructions on the screen for a successful installation.
- Agree to the license agreement.
- After this, double-click on the QuickBooks tool hub icon on your Windows desktop.
- Under the QBs Tool Hub, Run Quick Fix My Program
This will exit all the active background processes and run a repairing process on the program. Follow these steps:
- Within the QuickBooks tool hub, go for Program problems.
- Now, tap on the Quick fix my program.
- Access the QuickBooks desktop and your data files.
Method 7: Running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If you have successfully downloaded the QuickBooks Hub Tool, then just carry out the steps given below for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool use.
- Access the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose the tab named Installation issues.
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. It will self-run and detect the errors. This repairing process will be finished in a few minutes.
- At last, restart the PC.
- Open QuickBooks and see whether the error exists or not.
Method 8: Verifying the Company File Properties
- Open Windows Explorer and right-click on the QBs company file.
- Hit on the option named Properties.
- Now, reach out to the tab of Advanced and do check that the size of the file should not be smaller than 7 MB, and also should not be compressed or zipped.
Quickbooks won’t open company file error can be witnessed when the company file is not accessible. We have put together all the important aspects related to the wont open problem. We are optimistic that our content has assisted you well in troubleshooting all such errors. For any further assistance, you can go through our official website and read out the QuickBooks-related articles.