Often when we want to record a computer screen, the first thing we think about is searching for the best screen recording program, but although these programs may be somewhat useful, they may be unnecessary in some cases, especially if you rarely do a screen capture, which means that using it in such cases may be a burden on your computer.
Therefore, if you want to record the screen online without having to install any software on your computer, we will share with you RecordCast online screen recorder in this guide. If you want to know more details about this tool, you can continue reading.
What is RecordCast?
RecordCast is a free online screen recorder that allows you to capture your computer screen without the need to install any other software. It was developed as a website using HTML5 technology so that you can record everything that appears on your screen, in addition to the ability to download and edit the video directly.
RecordCast is provided as a solution for recording and editing screen-captured video completely for free, without installing any applications, most importantly, it is free of ads, and it can work in a number of ways.
How to use RecordCast?
RecordCast online screen recorder allows you to record computer screen free, download, and edit videos directly online. No registration and downloading are required, and this can be summarized through the following.
How to record screen?
You can access the tool and record using a Google or Facebook account. However, you can also use the tool directly without the need for registration, and until you learn how to record the screen using RecordCast, you can follow the following:
- Go to RecordCast homepage through your browser.
- Then click “Start Recording”.
- After that, select one of the screen capture modes and click “Next Step”.
- Then select one of the audio recording options and click “Start Recording.”
- A window will pop up, allow the required permissions.
- Then click on “Continue Recording”.
- Now select the option for the screen you want to record.
- Finally, click “Share”.
- After clicking on “Share”, the screen will be recorded according to your selected options. Then, to end the recording, click “Stop Sharing”.
Screen recording options using RecordCast
Screen capture options:
Screen + Webcam: This means sharing your screen and camera.
Screen Only: This allows you to share your screen only.
Webcam Only: Opens the camera only.
Voice recording options:
Microphone + System audio.
Screen options you want to record:
Full Desktop: This means recording the entire computer screen, including browser tabs.
Application window: It means registering and controlling a specific program window.
Chrome Tab: It allows you to record a Chrome tab you selected.
Edit and edit saved video
While you can click “Edit and Export in MP4” to edit the video online through the tool, a new page will open with all the useful editing options after clicking the button.
After completing the recording, you will be redirected to the page where the recorded video will be downloaded. Now on this page, you can also edit the video with the built-in video editor, or you can download the recorded video just by clicking download.
- RecordCast works as an online tool so that anyone can use it regardless of computer system type (Windows or Mac).
- Record screen directly online from the browser, without any installation.
- Ability to capture screen or webcam.
- The ability to record system and microphone sound at the same time.
- The ability to download 1080p screen recording video.
- 100% free.
In my opinion, RecordCast appears to outperform other similar free tools in terms of its support for basic recording options, as well as many advanced editing features that some lack.