With the introduction of Business Central, more and more companies are upgrading from NAV. there are two deployment options: on cloud and on premise. Here we will discuss the steps you need to follow in order to upgrade to Dynamics 365 Business Central.
By following the steps mentioned bellow you can upgrade to Dynamics 365 Business Central:
- In the first step, you need to merge all the previous customizations from your old database to Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premise. You can execute the merging by using PowerShell or manually. It is recommended that you use PowerShell than going for manual integration.
- In the second step, you have to rectify any error that might exists and keep the object ready for upgrade.
- In the third step, you have to take the full SQL backup of old database.
- In the following step, you need to install Dynamics 365 Business Central from DVD.
- In this step you have to remove the entire pre-existing data base from the old database.
- Now you have to upload the business central partner license into the old database.
- In the following step you are required to delete all the objects from the old data base except tables.
- In the next step you have to delete all debugger back-point records and server instance records from the old data base.
- The next step is to make sure that the user with whom the upgrade is carried out has the facility of DB_Owner in Sql.
- Now you have to open Dynamics 365 Business Central environment as an Administrator.
- In this step, when you open the old database in Business Central, it will ask for convert.
- You are recommended to skip the schema synchronization at this point.
- In this step you have to import all the objects on converted database in Dynamics 365 Business Central by selecting “Replace All”
- At this step as well, you should skip the schema synchronization.
- In the following step you need to import appropriate upgrade code unit from product DVD.
- In this step you need to merge the new data base with appropriate NAV service.
- Now you have to maximize SQL command time.
- At this point you have to compile or integrate all the objects with schema synchronization.
- Now you have to execute the process of data upgrade and import permission set.
- Now you should implement “Build object search Index” feature from developer environment and make the pages searchable.
- At this stage you have to clear the system of all the unwanted objects.
- Your new data base is ready for execution.
After upgrade to Dynamics 365 Business Central is achieved, there is going to be queries from the customers regarding the new database. Make sure you are thorough with the system and can clear their doubts.
This article thoroughly demonstrates the steps that you have to follow to upgrade to Dynamics 365 Business Central.