Summary: This blog provides an overview of all the viable ways for converting OST to PST. All of the methods described are easy to use and are the most expedient ways to convert OST to PST.
All mailbox items are saved in Microsoft Outlook’s data files (OST and PST). Offline Storage Table files, or OST, are files that keep a duplicate of a user’s Exchange mailbox on a local workstation and allow users to work offline. All modifications are merged with the server whenever the connection to the server is reestablished. When a new Outlook profile is formed, PST files are created automatically, and they act as the repository for all local mailbox contents.
Why is it necessary to convert an OST file to a PST file?
- Data Transfer
- Exchange Server crashes or fails unexpectedly.
- Exchange Server Maintenance
- Recovering data
- Corrupted mailbox
Converting OST to PST: Workarounds
There are a few manual methods for converting OST to PST. Investigate these strategies for converting OST files to PST with ease.
#1 Make a fresh PST file.
It’s a simple and quick approach to transfer all of your mailbox data from an OST file to a PST file. This tool allows you to convert OST files to PST, as well as CSV and Excel files. Simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open Outlook. Import and Export may be found under File=> Import and Export.
Step 2: Click Next after selecting Export to a file.
Step 3: Click Next after selecting Personal Folder File (.pst).
Step 4: Click Next after selecting the folder you wish to export.
Step 5: Navigate to the chosen location to save the new PST file. Select the options for duplicate items as well.
#2 Converting an old OST file to a PST
The Archive function can be used to relocate or copy mailbox items in a PST file. If you want to convert or export an OST file to a PST file, you can utilise this function to get all of the mailbox data from the OST file into a PST file. To build a mailbox archive, follow these steps:
Step 1: open Outlook. Select Option from the Tools menu.
Step 2: Go to other in the settings menu bar and select Auto Archive Settings.
Step 3: Choose the number of days for which you want auto archiving to run. Select the archived file’s destination folder, as well as the archiving options, and then click OK.
All of your OST mailbox items will be saved to the PST file as a result of this.
#3 Using an OST to PST converter for free
Although manual methods can be used to convert OST files to PST, they have some restrictions. They’re also a little difficult and time-consuming. As a result, you can use a free OST to PST Converter. Although there are numerous free applications available on the market, as an expert in this field, I would recommend using Data Recovery Solutions’ OST to PST Converter. You may export mailbox items from OST to Outlook PST and other popular file formats including MSG, DBX, EML, and MBOX with this software.
Let’s take a look at how it works:
- Install OST to PST Converter and follow the on-screen instructions. Tap “Ok” after selecting the version of MS Outlook installed in your window, either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Select the OST file you want to convert by clicking “Open.”
- Depending on the severity of the corruption, select a conversion mode from Standard, Advanced, or Deep.
- A window titled “Scanning process completed for selected OST file, click on the folder to see converted email items” will appear after the scanning process is completed. Select “Ok” from the drop-down menu.
- By clicking on it, you can see a preview of your OST emails. Tap “Save” after selecting the files or folders you want to convert from the scanned data.
- Make a note of where you want the resulting file to be saved.
- To save an OST file in PST format, select Save as PST. You can save it to MSG, MBOX, EML, DBX, and other file formats in addition to PST.
To convert OST to PST, this is one of the best OST Converter tools available. It includes an interactive interface, making it simple to use for both technical and non-technical users. You can save the first 25 email items from each mailbox folder of the specified OST file into a new PST file using the demo version
I’ve demonstrated three free and simple techniques for successfully converting OST to PST. Any of the methods listed above can be used to aid you.