Are you looking for a great way to test a Linux distribution before committing to it? A live USB flash drive created with a UNetbootin Linux is the only way. It is an open-source and lightweight program to create Linux live USB without burning a CD. As everyone knows, burning a CD is the oldest method so we need the latest method to create live USB flash drives quickly. Really, you can make any bootable USB tool you want. The best tool I have found and really the only one I use to make bootable USB flash drives is UNetbootin. So, here is my UNetbootin journal.
This tutorial will walk you through the complete guide about this tool. So stay with us continuously!
What is UNetbootin?
Simply, UNetbootin is an open-source application that allows users to create bootable USB flash drives from an ISO file. With this greatest utility, you can create your favorite Linux distribution without wasting a CD. And this is a fully cross-platform utility. It can make live USB systems and load a wide range of system utilities without a CD. Furthermore, if you don’t have the ISO image for some Linux distributions, then it is possible to download the one directly from the UNetbootin Linux interface to create the bootable USB stick for the same. So this tool is very useful and very easy to use.
Firstly, this tool was introduced for only Linux distributions but now this tool is running on operating systems such as Linux, Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu. We can see many ISO burning tools but UNetbootin free download is so special among them. Because the main reason is file security. If you use this tool, all your files will be safe on the USB drive while creating a bootable USB drive. Then, users can run everything on it and the best fact is that there is no risk to the original operating system installed on your computer as no data will be deleted.
Now let’s see why to use this tool and some outstanding features that we can get from this tool.
Reasons for using this tool
Just as you read before, UNetbootin Linux gives mega features for users to create live Linux operating systems without wasting a CD. Not only for Linux but also supports other operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and more. Let’s see some advantages we can get by using this program;
- It is an open-source application and completely free to download
- It is a cross-platform application
- Easily burn ISO image files to a USB flash drive
- Instantly download the Linux ISO from the internet
- UNetbootin free download supports various Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Arch, and many more
- You cannot do multiple installations on the same device if you are using this tool
- You can use this tool to load various system utilities
How to install UNetbootin Linux on your device?
If you hope to create a Linux operating system the first thing you should have to do is install the live USB creator on Linux. This package is not available in the default Linux repositories, so you’ll need to install it from a reliable third-party source. Then follow these simple steps to UNetbootin install.
- Search the radio button at the distribution icon, then choose a Linux distribution from the list. Currently, it supports more than 30+ Linux distributions
- Pick up the Linux Distribution and choose a version for it
- Insert the USB drive and click OK to start the procedure. At this time, this tool will try to download Linux ISO first. Then, it will create a bootable USB from the downloaded ISO image
Compatible Linux versions
UNetbootin Linux is capable of more than 30+ Linux distributions. So, you will have a great variety of potential Linux release versions to choose from, which UNetbootin will download for you. The integrated support for Linux versions is fantastic. So let’s find out!
- Sabayon Linux
- Linux console
- Puppy Linux
- Linux Mint
- Arch Linux
- Frugalware Linux
- PCLinux OS
- Damn Small Linux
The process to download this tool
To create a live bootable USB flash drive with a UNetbootin Linux, you have to download UNetbootin on your device. We can see many web sources in the market and many websites offer the file. But that may be dangerous for the PC. So, we should have to find a trusted website to download the UNetbootin download for Linux. Then follow this brief guide to download and install this tool.
- Open your browser and find a reliable website with this tool. On the home page, you can get the download button for various operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, and macOS
- If you are a Mac user, then click on the download button for Mac. Like that, you can repeat the task based on your computer’s OS
- Then download the ISO image and select the version that you need
- Choose and install the ISO file
- After completing the download process, move to the download folder and then double-click on the file to install the tool on your computer
Before downloading UNetbootin Linux, you have to follow these simple facts. It is very important for your device’s safety. Maybe you can’t find the USB. Don’t worry, the solution is quite simple, and you should keep your USB drive in FAT32 format. And if your USB drive is not recognized as a bootable device, then surely check the compatibility of a USB drive. To bypass these errors make sure to get a quality and proper USB drive and get the ISO file from its official website or a trusted web source.
If you hope to create a live bootable USB flash drive this is the safest way that you can try. With UNetbootin Linux, you can install your favorite Linux operating system and experience more features. And if you want to know more information about this app, you can refer to our official website. To safely create live bootable USB flash drives install UNetbootin free application. It makes your process much easier and safest. Then try this tool quickly!