Today, biometric time clock system is mostly used in companies to keep a track of their employees throughout the day. In the bygone times, the manual attendance sheet was maintained for their employees, to trace their whereabouts. However, times have changed, and biometric time clock system is introduced in companies to ease the job of the HR. This is an excellent tool that can prevent any time theft, or proxies from closed mate or fellow employees. This system eases the load on both the HR cell and on the employees as it makes an accurate reading of the working time.
What Is A Biometric Clocking System?
The biometric clocking system is a fast and efficient way to track attendance. Irrespective of modality, an efficient biometric time clocking system ensures that there is no time-theft, reduces the probability of errors, and cuts on the administration cost, which is an offshoot of cost purchase of RFID tokens, punch cards, etc. Also, the scanner reads the unique fingerprints of the employees and records the time during login’s and logouts. With the help of the pay clock online, the exact payroll can be managed, and the employees also know how much overtime they have done. The in-time and out-time gets shown which also influences their salary.
Factors to Consider When Buying A Biometric Time Clock System:
1. Storage Capacity: Biometric clocking system can work in recognition of fingerprint or eye’s retina. They will store the information in the system; hence, you need to check the biometric attendance system’s storage capacity. Even if you have lesser employees, you need to choose a system that has more capacity. Biometric time clock allows easy tracking of in and out time. It can be stored easily just like normal time clock and therefore, approving, or disapproving time off requests can also be managed in this manner.
2. 360◦ Verification Angle: Most of the employees are in a hurry, whether they are clocking in or out. To ensure that you do not miss the detail, you need to invest in an efficient clocking system with a 360◦ verification angle. It identifies fingerprints of the employee’s finger on the optical sensor.
3. Promptness of the System: This kind of time clock system is known for its promptness to recognize the fingerprint or retina. The system must instantly recognize the distinct fingerprint of the employees. Since it is a secure, reliable, and cloud-based system, there is no chance of human error.
4. Instant Connectivity: The biometric clocking system must connect with the internet since the information transmitted via the biometric system to the storage, instant internet connectivity. With a seamless internet connection, the fingerprint is instantly transmitted to the system.
5. Integration with the Payroll Management System: A biometric time clock system must be integrated with the payroll management system. The data from the tracker plays an integral role in enhancing the efficiency of the payroll management system. It will be easier for the payroll team to compute salary accurately and quickly with accurate attendance details. It eventually simplifies the payroll calculation. It also eliminates the card costs altogether in any corporate.
These are some key factors you should look for when investing in a biometric clocking system. There are many service providers out there, but you must consider the above factors for choosing the one. As you explore the high-end models, you will find that they load these systems with many features. You can choose the one that matches your business requirement and then invest in it. It is the right way to retain employee responsibility and to make them aware of the timeframe for which they have served a corporate.