The e-commerce industry is growing at a rapid rate, and one of the main reasons behind this growth is people find this online mode of shopping easy and trouble-free. If you want to bring your business online, then it’s a great idea. But at the same time, people also find themselves in a big dilemma of what e-commerce platform they should choose? WooCommerce or BigCommerce? Besides the significant factor of e-commerce growth like SEO tactics, discounts & offers, etc., selecting an ideal e-commerce platform is necessary for the smooth functioning of your online shop. But which one should you choose?
In this blog, we have discussed the two popular e-commerce platforms, WooCommerce & BigCommerce, that will show you the ideal difference between them & help you to make your final call. Let’s start-
- What Do You Mean By An Ideal E-commerce Platform?
- BigCommerce- A Complete Software Solution
- WooCommerce- Another Powerful E-Commerce Platform
- Know the Comparison of BigCommerce v/s WooCommerce
- SEO & Other Marketing Tools
- Which E-commerce Platform is Superior? BigCommerce or WooCommerce?
- Author Bio:
- Share this:
- Like this:
What Do You Mean By An Ideal E-commerce Platform?
Surely, you are looking for a perfect e-commerce platform, but what do you mean by the term “perfect e-commerce platform?” If you are scrambling for the answer to this question, then you are at the right place as here we have covered a few points that people always look for in e-commerce platforms. Take a look-
- User–Friendly: An e-commerce platform should be easy to use. It should not have the complex functionality that can make the user experience a worse one. It should be user & beginner-friendly.
- Budget–Friendly: Another thing you should look for while choosing an e-commerce platform is the budget. Check if it fits in your budget or not.
- Secure Payment Mode: It’s great to go for an e-commerce platform that can support numerous gateways as it will satisfy your needs.
- Scalability: Scalability is a crucial point to consider. The ideal e-commerce platform is the one that has the ability to meet all your future needs of your business.
- Support: In case, when you face troubling issues, then your platform should offer relief to resolve any problem instantly.
Above are some of the points that one should always consider while choosing an e-commerce platform for your online shop.
BigCommerce- A Complete Software Solution
BigCommerce is a popular fully-hosted e-commerce platform that offers a bunch of services under a single roof. From the content to SEO, payment gateways to hosting, design to other marketing features, BigCommerce includes everything that assists you to lead the smooth software functioning of your online business. BigCommerce handles the overall functionality of your site. This is the reason why BigCommerce is considered as a complete bundle of services. Now website creation has become super-easy with the assistance of BigCommerce. Just follow a simple step of buying a subscription plan. This way, you can kick off a new online business plan with complete ease.
- Pros: Talking about its advantage, then the big benefit of BigCommerce is that it gives the complete freedom of running a BigCommerce site with your WordPress site also.
- Cons: The big drawback of BigCommerce is that it doesn’t provide the ease of customization. This platform contains fewer customization tools that don’t let the user carry forward the big changes.
WooCommerce- Another Powerful E-Commerce Platform
Another popular online platform on our list is WooCommerce that is very well known for its outstanding ability to reshape any WordPress site into an e-commerce site with complete ease & accuracy.
Now, kicking off your online business on WooCommerce is easy. Purchase the hosting & accomplish its overall set-up. After this, install WooCommerce & other marketing tools. In this way, you can start your online business on the WooCommerce platform.
- Pros: WooCommerce is 100% customisable. Customising the sections like header, product sheet, checkout options, and footer section has become trouble-free with this e-commerce platform.
- Cons: The feature of wishlist in Woocommerce is hard to use, which gives the user a reason to prefer another e-commerce platform.
Know the Comparison of BigCommerce v/s WooCommerce
Let’s start the comparison between WooCommerce & BigCommerce in terms of development cost. If we compare the price points, then WooCommerce is the ideal option to choose as it is free to install, whereas BigCommerce is a paid platform that offers different plans, including several services.
Although WooCommerce is a free tool, it also has the premium extensions that one can invest to enjoy the benefits of this e-commerce platform. On the other side of the coin, BigCommerce offers several service plans with no hidden cost, so it is also a great choice.
Because WooCommerce is an open-source platform, so it provides extreme flexibility. WooCommerce gives complete freedom to the user to integrate several apps on your site. But at the same time, setting up the customisation in WordPress is not easy, and there may be a chance of getting professional help.
Oppositely, BigCommerce has an easy customisation set-up that allows the user to come up with a website in a few hours by merely registering on BigCommerce & adding products on the platform. It also consists of highly responsive themes that also make BigCommerce a user-friendly platform to start your online business.
As we have discussed earlier, BigCommerce is a fully or self-hosted e-commerce platform, so they are themselves responsible for the hosting, customisation as well as security. In the case of WooCommerce, choosing an ideal hosting is all up to you. Yes, you are responsible for your business hosting. So, choose wisely!
As compared to other online platforms like Magento, WooCommerce is super-convenient to use. If you have ever run a WordPress site, WooCommerce will be a matter of a few clicks. Even for beginners, it is quite un-challenging to learn about it.
BigCommerce is also user-friendly. Although it is simple & convenient to use, in case you encounter any issue, then BigCommerce also offers the best support to resolve it in a few moments. A user-friendly platform would bring the best results.
SEO & Other Marketing Tools
WooCommerce is a hub of paid & free plugins that allows the user to get anything worked on their platform. For effective SEO, you have to add a Yoast plugin for its better functioning. So, one can conclude that there is a dependency on the plugins to help your site work for SEO.
In the case of BigCommerce, SEO & several other marketing tools are built-in, which makes it easy for the user to perform best in terms of ranking and speed in the online world. It handles the functioning of several advanced tech tools like Sitemaps, Schema, etc. Such involvement of built-in SEO plugins makes this BigCommerce e-commerce platform ideal for your online business. BigCommerce removes the dependency on other apps or marketing tools as it already has the in-built marketing tools.
Which E-commerce Platform is Superior? BigCommerce or WooCommerce?
WooCommerce & BigCommerce are perfect e-commerce platforms for kicking off an online business. In this blog, we have highlighted a few points that would help in comparing both platforms to come up with an answer to “which one is better?”
BigCommerce offers a convenient set-up, backups & security management, and works great together with WordPress. In short, it is a complete package of services that has everything you need. But the major drawback of BigCommerce is that there are some fixed ways to control your business. Hence, you can’t rely on third-party tools or apps.
WooCommerce, on the other side, is a self-hosted, 100% customisable platform that also gives complete control over your online shop. Not only this, but it also offers so many services all under a single roof at the affordable price plan. People who have a low budget but want so many functions, WooCommerce is the ideal choice. But for beginners, using WooCommerce can be a little challenging.
If you ask us, then we will say that BigCommerce is a better platform in comparison to WooCommerce as it can empower online businesses in the best way.
Ravi Sharma, CEO of Webomaze is a highly enthusiastic entrepreneur. He has got a great grip on the idea of effective eCommerce Strategies, SEO processes, and tactics which are vital for virtual exposure. He is a fun-loving person and a keen traveller who always hunts to find adventure in new places.