Did you know that 35% of the Internet is Powered by WordPress. According to a survey published by Netcraft, out of a total number of 1.3 billion active websites, 455,000,000 websites use WordPress and that number is only growing.
Here’s another number for you – WordPress.com blogs have over 400 million monthly viewers. That means over 400 million viewers looked at 20+ billion pages per month this past year.
With the numbers of blogs increasing each day, it’s vital that bloggers implement the right WordPress plugin tools and create strategies that yield results. Certainly, doubling your blog traffic might seem like a daunting task but it’s not impossible.
What about SEO strategies? Well, yes. Focusing on your website’s SEO does help you gain more traffic but plugins that have proven to increase traffic on your website cannot simply be ignored.
What are some of the best SEO strategies I can use to rank my blog? internal and external link building, share your blog content on different social media platforms to interact with your off-site audience, and clean up broken links to avoid any inconvenience for your converted traffic.
There are multiple quality WordPress plugins that help you reshare your content on different social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.
Here are the 5 best WordPress Ecommerce plugins that help drive more traffic to your blog.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Yoast SEO
- Revive Old Post
- Sassy Social Share
- Broken Link Checker
1. Yoast SEO
‘Yoast SEO’ is a renowned SEO plugin that enables you to optimize your WordPress-based blog for search engines. To achieve a higher rank in search engines, you are required to beat every competitor.
With Yoast SEO, you can easily include SEO titles along with descriptions in your blog-posts and pages. Not only this, but you can also add ‘Open Graph meta tags’ to your blog. It automatically creates an XML sitemap for your blog content such that search engines easily crawl on your blog site. Also, if you are using another SEO plugin, Yoast SEO helps you import already used SEO data.
Benefits of using Yoast SEO:
- More Traffic from Google & Bing.
- More visitors from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Makes your blog faster and safer.
- For writing SEO-friendly blog posts, SEO Analysis is a critical tool with the focused key-phrases in consideration.
- Yoast SEO ensures that search engines and humans can read and understand your blog posts using Readability Analysis.
- Yoast SEO’s feature ‘Google Preview’ shows how’s your listings will appear in the search results.
- Yoast SEO optimizes your blogs for different word types of your keyphrases, as singular & plural.
- Yoast SEO offers internal linking suggestions (automatic). When you write your blogs, you will be suggested different posts to link with.
OptinMonster is a leading popup builder & marketing plugin that enables you to get more email subscribers. OptinMonster plugin gives you the ability to create different type of options including floating header, after post forms, mobile-specific forms, WordPress popup forms, slide-ins, sidebar forms, footer bars, welcome gates, and more.
Benefits of using OptinMonster:
- When a visitor is leaving your blog, you can use the Exit Intent feature to display a popup.
- Popups made in OptinMonster are highly optimized for both web & server performance.
- All the options are completely responsive and work perfectly on any screen.
- Enable you to customize popups based on particular categories, sections, pages, URL query, or anchor tags.
- If the visitor is new to your blog or returning one, you can show different popups for marketing purposes.
- To get maximum conversions, OptinMonster let you create full-screen popups (Welcome Mats).
- Enables you to build multi-step popup & opt-in forms to get better list segmentation.
- For Content publishers, Opti Monster’s Geo-Location helps to display relevant campaigns based on visitor’s location.
3. Revive Old Posts:
Revive Old Posts is an essential WordPress plugin to help different WordPress-based blogs to boost their digital traffic, increase social media followers and create better engagement by automatically sharing blog posts on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and LinkedIn.
Benefits of using Revive Old Posts:
- An easy method of scheduling old and newer blog posts on social media.
- You can include ‘UTM tags’ in your automatically shared posts to trace from where you’re getting traffic on the blog.
- You can control the frequency and timing of blog post sharing.
- Share your older and newer blog posts on social media (automatically).
- It generates hashtags for sharing posts from tags, categories, or custom fields
- Revive Old Posts is compatible with URL shorteners.
- You can exclude particular posts from sharing to SM platforms.
- You can share media files like pictures and videos from the media library to social media accounts.
4. Sassy Social Share:
‘Sassy social Share’ is a highly effective social media plugin for WordPress-based blogs with hundreds of Social sharing options. This plugin has support for various social media websites; also, you can add social sharing buttons in your posts as a floating social menu. Sassy Social Share is a responsive plugin, and you are allowed to enable/disable both the vertical or horizontal floating buttons on mobile devices. It supports share counts along with customizable caching such that you always get precise share counts.
Benefits of using Sassy Social Share:
- Sassy Social Share is integrated with myCRED, you can gamify social sharing activity.
- Create better word of mouth for your blog posts on social media and hence better traffic.
- You can add attractive social sharing buttons that make your blog livelier.
- Sassy Social Share has more than 100 sharing and Bookmarking services.
- Sassy Social Share has a Floating & Standard layout for sharing icons.
- The positioning of the Sharing Bar can be specified with respect to content.
- Sassy social share is compatible with WooCommerce, BBPress, and BuddyPress.
- It has integration with URL Shortening Service.
5. Broken Link Checker:
Broken Link Checker is a must-have plugin for all WordPress-based websites or blogs. It notifies you every time a link is broken on your website. If there is a broken link on your website or blog then Google will consider it as outdated which will then hurt your SEO. Broken Link Checker is a plugin that monitors and examines all the internal & external links on your blog and fixes the bad/broken links. Ultimately it helps you to improve SEO and Visitors’ experience.
Benefits of using Broken Link Checker:
- Prevent your blog visitors from any inconvenience.
- Save you from having a negative impact on your blog ranking due to broken links.
- Continues monitoring for broken links.
- Examine internal and external links in your posts and pages.
- Trace links aren’t working anymore, missing images and redirects.
- Inform you either through the Dashboard or by email medium.
- Keep search engines away from following broken links.
- No need to manually update each post; directly edit links from the plugin’s page.
Driving traffic on your blog is not a piece of cake, and it requires constant efforts like publishing quality blog posts on a regular basis, implementing the latest SEO strategies, and a better user experience once a visitor lands on your blog. We have mentioned the best WordPress plugins for driving more traffic to your blog. You can install them right now and get your benefits.
Anas Dilshad is a Digital Marketing Expert at wpexperts.io. I like to spend my time reading books, and it develops my knowledge on various topics. It also helps me in connecting with the digital world. I love to create content on WordPress and WooCommerce to convert my experience into blogging.