Today, digitalization is at its peak and new digital advancements are entering the field at full speed. All companies are trying to improve their workflow and enhance productivity to uncover their full potential. It is definitely the workforce of any organization which is the spine of all its operations. Its ultimate goal is to drive business growth and generate revenue. To intensify performance and improve its overall productivity and performance, every organization must implement an efficient, well-formulated workforce management strategy.
A well technology-driven workforce management system helps in the smooth running of the day-to-day processes like HR, forecasting, training management, logistics, analytics, etc. Software support and performance-based tools also enable firms to supervise all the actions and bring together all stakeholders. One such technology that boosts up the efficiency of operations and, thus enhances productivity is the Internet of Things (IoT). From simple remote-health monitoring to environmental monitoring, the range of IoT applications is vast. Moreover, a well-automated framework implemented with IoT helps to bring out the best work rate in a company.
Now, without further ado, let’s see how workforce management of an enterprise can be improved with IoT.
What is IoT?
‘The Internet of things (IoT) describes physical objects (or groups of such objects) that are embedded with sensors, processing ability, software, and other technologies that connect and exchange data with other devices and systems over the Internet or other communications networks.’
The Internet of Things (IoT) has led the way for a new business automation era worldwide and has enabled businesses to expand their reach across geographical boundaries. Most importantly, in the 21st century of digital transformation, IoT has helped organizations to overcome challenges, enhance profitability and productivity in this fast-paced environment. Many global leaders and businessmen have come to the realization of the importance of adopting IoT, to save costs, boost overall efficiency, and for the smooth running of business processes.
An IoT device may range from a simple smartwatch to a high-scale automated robot. As for the large-scale IoT applications, they can range from driverless cars to state-of-the-art drones.
TechTarget defines Workforce Management (WFM) as ‘an integrated set of processes that a company uses to optimize the productivity of its employees. WFM involves effectively forecasting labor requirements and creating and managing staff schedules to accomplish a particular task on a day-to-day and hour-to-hour basis.’
Nonetheless, workforce management proposes a digital solution that enables employees to acquire and intake information, cooperate on projects, and dwell in contact with associates, all through one mobile device, regardless of wherever they are. Utilizing a mobile application to acquire data about their day-to-day timetable and noting down details enhances observation and stability, authorizing them to concentrate on the assignment at hand rather than restocking paperwork or having to go back to the office to rewrite notes.
Can Workforce Management Be Improved Through IoT?
With the help of the Internet of Things, workforce management can be improved to provide more interconnected assistance to both employees and the customer. It translates data into valuable insights and actions by connecting with sensors that detect and monitor events. When the workforce management and IoT are put together, it can elevate new possibilities in the workplace and feed the opportunity for visibility that enhances service delivery and guarantees efficient deployment of staff. Now, let’s take a look at how workforce management can be improved through IoT-
- To any enterprise’s functionality, the information about the clients, workforces, and services is an important element. This results in more productive and effective work because of IoT, which gathers this data into a mobile management system.
- IoT combines operations and develops a flawless workflow directing to the accurate delivery of products and services.
- With the help of IoT in workforce management, it provides advanced machine learning (ML) tools and big data that assist in forecasting future interactions and interesting real-time actions. The predictive automation level is also improved with the implementation of IoT.
- It renders the possibility to utilize services from remote locations.
- Employee locations, time-stamps, and key metrics of their work as documented by analytical tools in MWM enable better techniques for the highest output.
- Collective, user-level configurations such as dashboards establish data in real-time. This enables a good scope of action and finer visibility.
- Workforce management can get past communication hurdles with the help of IoT. It makes connectivity easy and hassle-free to handle
New advancements are entering the field on a consistent basis and companies are trying their overall best to provide their clients with the best IoT services. Every business is unique and they have got their own challenges. But IoT provides the flexibility to resolve their specific requirements. Welcome to the new era of prolific workforce management.
Feril Mohammed Hazem is an industry expert and a professional writer working at ThinkPalm Technologies. He has a keen interest in AI. He is fascinated by futuristic technology and its ways. Off the screen, he is a movie buff, likes playing basketball and listening to music.