In the world of online marketing, every day strategies are sought more adjusted to the tastes and needs of the user, so that the campaigns and the money invested are optimized as much as possible.
Within this complex world, we focus today on the definition and functions of retargeting focused on an online store . If you are interested in the subject because you already have a store or hope to launch it soon, I Aabhas Vijay from www.smtpservers.co, will help you understand the concept of remarketing and how to achieve it.
What is retargeting
The online world is complex and ever changing. User needs and tastes set trends that make brands move in one direction or another. And to know exactly what the potential customer is looking for , tools and strategies are used that allow them to know them in depth to offer them the product that they could really acquire.
Hence, retargeting is increasingly important.
We can define this digital marketing technique as the search for advertising impacts that are directed towards users who have already had a previous interaction with the online store that is the object of the campaign.
To be more precise, let’s say that a user has visited an ecommerce X, or has opened a communication channel through email or social networks with said store, or perhaps clicked on an advertising link or in a forum. So, using the retargeting technique, we will seek to impact that user again through advertising .
However, this concept is changing and complex. Although at the beginning it was basically focused on what is known as site retargeting , that is, impacting a user who has interacted with a particular website, now this definition is becoming much broader.
In fact, specialists consider this technique as the implementation of a code or tag that makes it easier for a third party to locate specific users beyond the domain where the interaction activity with the aforementioned users was collected.
How does it work
Given the technique, which primarily seeks to impact users who have already interacted with your website or online store , it is important to know how it works, as it is truly effective in reaching potential customers. So it is important to know how you can reach them.
This code, also called pixel , can not only be implemented on a page. That is, you can add it to several, so that whoever finds you in one way or another, you can access a record of visits large enough to generate the cookies that are saved in your browser and always have it located.
This option of adding several pixels on different websites is a very useful way to differentiate different types of customers according to their needs and interests , so that you can respond to all with your services focused on each one.
Think about what your online store offers, be it products, services, reservations, etc. So, if a user is looking for gifts for less than 10 euros , you can generate the ads that redirect them to your website with reminders in order to be able to sell those specific products in the required price range.
Basically what you do with this is user targeting . Thanks to it, you can save lists and data of enormous value, since they are telling you what potential customers of your ecommerce are like, what they are looking for, what their needs are, their purchasing power, their star products , etc.
Remember that information is power . The more you know your customers, the easier it is to sell the product. Also, as you can use pixels in many online spaces, you can take advantage of it to attract the public to your social networks, encouraging them to subscribe to your newsletter, etc.
In other words, these codes, which can also be used in display marketing campaigns , are really efficient. In fact, if a user has stayed one step away from formalizing their purchase, you can even send them a discount email using the free smtp relay services, for example, or use other formulas to encourage them to finish the process and acquire the product permanently. Here is an article on how to set up a free autoresponder on your website, that might help you.
How to use this technique efficiently
Now that we know what retargeting is and how it works, it is important to learn how to use it efficiently.
As we have seen, it is best to segment users. In this way, it is easier to create retargeting ads according to age groups, place of residence, gender, interests, etc.
But for the technique to be 100% effective, remember:
- Create a list of users, for pages that do not go below 500 visitors.
- Choose your retargeting provider. There are many in the online market that offer these services.
- Create a sensible plan . In other words, you have to establish goals to obtain to adapt the campaign. So you can segment your audience according to your needs, and redirect them to your home, to the shopping cart, to a specific product, etc.
- Study the results . Obviously, once the retargeting plan is in place, you will have to make sure that the conversions are as expected. That is, the public buys, signs up for the newsletter, follows the community on social networks, has registered an account, etc.
- If the result is as expected, congratulations, you already have a new technique to attract potential customers to your store and obtain higher returns.
What must be considered
Be that as it may, there are a number of details to consider when implementing a similar plan. Take special care in:
- The price . A click on an ad can have a very varied price depending on your sector and competition, but it will not go below $ 1 in general. Take this into account when creating a budget.
- Scopes . You can limit the scope of your campaign by various means. For example, depending on the geographic location, if your store sells globally or nationally. Also by age, by sex, by day and time, so that the ads are shown in bands where your potential customers are more active in the online world, etc.
- Number of impressions per customer . A key point, since a user could get tired of seeing your ad everywhere and putting the cross to your business. Keep this in mind when planning, as 10 or more impressions per visitor per day is often excessive and disruptive.
- Create various advertisements . That is, do not focus on just one product. It offers other options and services, redirects to different pages of the online store, etc.
- Try various ads . Ads are not always displayed in the same place on a website. They can appear on the sides, in the headers, etc. In addition, they can be more visual, descriptive with only text, with different colors, etc. Make sure you try various possibilities until you find the right keys.
- Remember that you are not reaching new customers . It is important, since the potential audience spectrum is reduced by retargeting visitors to your online site, but nothing else.
Why use this technique
You may be wondering why use this marketing technique, and if it will be really effective for your online store. According to studies, you will reach almost 100% of the users who have passed through your website if you do it well, and you would be in a position to reach even 4% of sales from all of them. Also, you can get:
- Advertising ROI around 300% maximum if the campaign is good and effective.
- Branding is very efficient and specific without excessive investment.
- Brand reinforcement , knowledge, leads, loyalty, increased sales …
Gain brand visibility
Retargeting is considered a direct sales technique , however, its impact goes further, and it can be a fantastic tool for good branding :
- You get the user to take your business into account for the duration of their purchase cycle thanks to the impacts.
- It is achieved that a user with a long purchase cycle takes into account and always considers your product.
- Loyalty , since complementary products and services can be offered to the user, and even reinforce it through the newsletter, or even through social networks.
- Obviously the strong point is the conversion .
As a final point, remember that, if instead of retargeting they talk about remarketing , they are referring to the same concept. The only real difference is that we all use the term retargeting, and Google uses remarketing, but basically it is an identical technique that can greatly increase the conversions of your online store.
Author Bio – Aabhas is a blogger and loves to teach about small & medium business about how to use free email services to increase his revenue.