Taking decision or even thinking to invest in residential solar panel installation is the first move in the right direction. Photovoltaic solar panels not only save money on power usage, but they also contribute towards a green environment.
According to many Australians who have invested in residential solar panel installation, to choose the right solar panel, one needs suggestions and tips. To help you select the best solar system, we will share a complete guide.
While selecting the solar panel, keep all these points in mind to make sure you get better performance and benefits from your investments over photovoltaic solar panels:
Major Types of Solar Panels:
1) Thin-Film technology:
- It can be made of Cadmium Telluride or amorphous silicon.
- It is thin-film solar panels, which use very thin photovoltaic material. Therefore, it is cheaper than any other photovoltaic solar panels
- The efficiency of this system is very low compared to other types of solar panels.
- It is made of high quality silicon crystal.
- The solar cells are sliced from an incessant piece of silicon.
- The cost of this solar panel is very high because of the excellent efficiency it delivers.
- It is also made of silicone.
- This system is also known as Multicrystalline as it uses multiple silicon crystals to produce a solar panel.
- It is cheaper and less efficient than Monocrystalline. However, it is more efficient than thin-film solar panels.
Quality Standards of Solar Panels:
1) CEC Accreditation:
- The first and foremost thing is only to discuss with CEC accredited solar installers because your system must have CEC accreditation.
- It is necessary not only for the quality of the panels, but also to get the certificate of small scale technology to receive benefits of using the solar system from the government.
2) Warranty Period:
- Warranty period is as important as recovering the cost of photovoltaic solar panels within a minimum time period.
- You must choose only those systems, which has 25 years of warranty given for proficient performance. It is the standard warranty given by the best solar company Sydney.
- You should also make sure to check about workmanship warranty with the CEC accredited solar installers to assure you do not need to deal with sloppy workmanship.
Size of the Solar Panel System:
Many experts of the solar panel system suggest focusing on the performance and efficiency of the solar panel to meet the power needs of your house. Therefore, companies often give more emphasis to the power production efficiency of the system than the size. However, it is equally important to select the correct size of the photovoltaic solar panels to get better output. Follow these tips to choose the right system size:
1) Big Families
- The electricity usage of big families is higher; approximately 9500 to 11,000 kWh annually
- If you have a family of five to seven people, you need a solar system of 6.6 kWh
2) Small or Medium Families
- A family of one to four people is considered a small to medium family. According to the renowned CEC accredited solar installers, these families approximately use 7500 to 7700 kWh annual power.
- The correct size of the solar panel system for small or medium households is 5 kWh
Additional Criteria to Keep In Mind:
Now, you already understand what type, size, and standards the best solar panel holds. This information is also provided by the best solar company Sydney if you live in Sydney. If you live anywhere else, you can also get more detailed information for above-mentioned standards from the CEC accredited solar installers. Now is the time to understand some other criteria to select the right solar system for your house:
1) Area of residential solar panel installation
- If you have open rooftop without any shading, then polycrystalline or monocrystalline panels are the best choices.
- If you have shading, then the thin-film solar panel is a better option as it can work more efficiently in the shaded area.
Each solar panel would have different specification. Your CEC accredited solar installers can give a complete list of the specifications. Some of the major points to be kept in mind are as below:
- 100V DC minimum rating must be there for safety
- Look for the power tolerance of the systems as it can be different
- Photovoltaic solar panels with good temperature coefficient ratings perform somewhat better than the one with low ratings
Some people also emphasize on the country of origin. Solar panels from Germany and China like Seraphim, Q Cells, Longi, Risen, Jinko, ZNShine are often considered as of the best quality.
Author Bio:Sophia Wilson is a content creator and senior marketer at Isolux. She enjoys reading and writing to spread knowledge to the reader.