In a world dominated by selfies and social media profiles, you may spend a lot of time staring at your face and examine every angle, including your jawline. Maybe you are wondering how you can get rid of that extra fat under your chin? Droopy, saggy skin around your jawline is usually associated with the aging process or obesity but it can also be due to excess sun exposure, or your genetic makeup. For many people, it is a matter of concern because it can affect their self-esteem. If you are one of these people, try double chin removal methods at home.
The best way to get rid of a double chin
There are various surgical and non-surgical procedures available to get rid of a double chin.
Non-surgical methods for double chin removal
- Fat-dissolving injections: fat is the first reason for a double chin appearance. To address this, it is necessary to decrease the volume of fat in the chin. Fat-dissolving injections are one of the best procedures for reducing fat volume around the chin area. An acidic substance is injected into the affected area during this procedure, which dissolves the fat cells. The doctor will draw a grid of dots on the area where the most fat is present and administer an injection into each outlined site. The number of injections required varies from patient to patient. The fat that breaks down beneath the chin will be reabsorbed into the body, with no side effects. There can be some inflammation and redness after the treatment but most people start to see positive results after two or three treatments.
- Lifting laser treatments for better skin elasticity; if you have lost skin elasticity and your skin is hanging under the chin, laser lifting treatments can help you get your skin elasticity back. Lifting laser skin treatments inject ultrasound thermal energy into your skin. When the loose skin on the double chin is heated, it tightens and lifts. The doctor can also control the intensity of the lifting laser. This treatment is highly effective in increasing skin elasticity and reducing fat volume.
- The double chin wand; a double chin wand is one of the best non-surgical procedures for double chin removal. Massage the chin area with the wand back and forth for about 20 minutes. The device comes with different intensity modes to tighten sagging skin in no time. In addition, the tool works on the facial structure and helps to smooth out under chin fat with regular use.
- Dermatoxin: dermatoxin is normally performed to relax the tight platysma neck muscle. This procedure can be used for different parts of the face and body. For example, when dermatoxin is used for the jawline, a double chin is lifted and the jawline becomes more defined. As the platysma muscle stretches the lower part of your face downwards, easing this muscle with dermatoxin will enable the double chin to return to its initial position.
- Thermage: this procedure works using radio frequency and has good results in improving the quality of the skin. It provides a natural treatment result and there is very little recovery time involved. The procedure works below the surface of the skin, claiming to activate and remodel collagen. You will probably feel a vibrating sensation interspersed by cooling to provide comfort during the procedure.
- Cryoliposys: this procedure involves freezing the fatty tissue under the skin, which reduces the fat under the chin area. During this procedure, the temperature is carefully controlled to target the fat cells, which are crystallized and destroyed. The fat cells are likely to be eliminated naturally from your body over time. There may be some discomfort while the fat is frozen and then massaged.
Surgical procedures for double chin removal
- Liposuction: this procedure removes fat from under the skin and sculpts the chin. A small cut is made under the skin to insert a tube to suck out the excessive fat during this procedure. Liposuction generally requires a local anesthetic to numb the area. No needles are involved and results are usually visible after one or two treatments.
What is the downtime after liposuction of the neck?
After liposuction, you can expect swelling and redness that will last for one to three weeks. Interestingly, liposuction recovery is much easier because there is very little discomfort after neck liposuction. It is advised not to exercise for at least two to three weeks after neck liposuction or until the inflammation is gone.
The bottom line
Don’t let the appearance of a double chin lower your self-esteem. Instead, use non-surgical procedures for under chin fat removal. Removing a double chin will help you look more graceful than you did before.