There are many legal matters in which you need legal documents to be attached for your case to process further. Hence, you need to take the aid of legal professionals to get the right documents signed and verified by them as well. However, the constitution has given the right to the notary public lawyers to check the legal documents of the public and help them verify signatures, terms, conditions, and other legal things mentioned in the contract. So, when you need the notarization of a contract or any legal document, you should get the notary public services of licensed notaries in your city. Before you the service of any notary for validating the documents, you should have checked license or authentication proofs of the notary wisely.
Notary Public Service in Singapore
If you live in Singapore and need public notary service, you may approach the licensed notaries in the country. You will find verified notary professionals at reputed law firms in Singapore. The notaries in Singapore have the rights to validate the legal documents of the public and check that are they correct as per legal norms in Singapore or not. Also, the public notary can attest to the documents or sign them to confirm their authentication and suggest the public use them in the legal process. Thus, you will get all possible legal documentation correction or checking services from authentic public notaries in Singapore. So, if you are confused about the paperwork involved in your legal case, you should consult the licensed notary in Singapore and know the right procedure for documentation in your case. The legal public notary will guide the type of papers include in your case and notarization of them as per legal rules in Singapore.
Duties of A Public Notary in Singapore
A legal public notary in Singapore has casual duties such as
1. Notary has to identify the client’s case documents in terms of legalities and certify them as well. Here are some key duties of a public notary in Singapore.
2. Notary will check all case documents and identify proofs attached to them such as ID proofs, driving licenses, passports, photo IDs, address proofs, birth certificate, etc.
3. Notary will certify every single document and proof and sign them to keep one copy at his end and give another to the client.
4. Notary needs to check the terms and conditions mentioned in the contract and approve them according to legal Acts in Singapore.
5. A Notary in Singapore has the right to attest to the client’s case documents like business contracts, simple contracts, company documents, and all papers used for apostille services for guest or foreign legal affairs.
Thus above are some common duties of a licensed legal public notary in Singapore to help the public or clients to authenticate documents used in their cases or public affairs.
Things to Check Before You Get Notary Public Service in Singapore
If you have a legal agreement or contract for any case in Singapore, you need to verify it first from a public notary to confirm its conditions. You should get a notary public service in Singapore from an authorized public notary or legal professional. Here are some key things to confirm before getting a public notary service in Singapore.
- Make sure, you have approached a registered public notary in Singapore who has valid proof of its authenticity i.e. license or registration number issued by the legal authority in the country.
- Do verify the experience and knowledge of the public notary to confirm the effectiveness of his witness in your case.
- A public notary should have the right to attest contracts and documents as per legal rules in Singapore.
- A public notary service will entertain you to verify common documents linked in corporate cases such as Power of attorney, business contracts, affidavits, company-related documents, and more.
- You should ensure that the public also checks the copies of documents with originals for types of proofs like birth certificates, marriage certificates, educational certificates, and other public or private certificates of public as legal attachments for their cases.
Hence, you need to check all the above points before you get public notary services from any public notary or law professionals in Singapore.
If you have foreign documents or agreements to verify, you need to take the aid of professional notaries offering apostille service in Singapore.
What is Apostille Service?
An apostille service involves the act of attestation of documents that are legalized or written in a particular format that will be acceptable in all foreign countries and belongs to the Hague Convention.
Apostille Service in Singapore
You will also get the apostille services in Singapore, which have recently been updated in January 2021. According to the Singapore Academy of Law, there is an accede has given to the Apostille Convention and now the authority will issue apostille certificates to the applicants for their foreign agreements or contracts. Here a public notary will also play a crucial role, as they have to verify all the common as well as foreign documents of the client as per the laws.
Before you take the apostille service in Singapore, you need to confirm that all notarised documents have already been verified by the Singapore Academy of Law. Besides, there will be a notary public cost involved in the process, if you take apostille service in Singapore from a legal authority or notary. Hence, you have to pay for the fees for a variety of documents’ verifications such as:
- Witnessing and signing legal documents
- Certifcation of Declartion
- Attesting copies of certificates
- Statuary Declaration and more.
You can take apostille service in Singapore from legal authorities and notaries who are licensed and follow the rules of the Singapore Academy of Law. Now, it is feasible that you can show foreign case documents in Singapore and use them in your case as well. But, make sure, your documents are verified by an apostille authority or notary and have been signed as well.
It will take 2 days to get your documents apostille in Singapore. There is a process that needs to follow by everyone to apostille the documents. Also, you need to link some legal proofs for the same such as original and photocopy of ID or government-issued ID including your name and signature. Your all apostille documents will get stamped by the Department of Foreign Affairs in Singapore. The authority will confirm that documents have a legal seal or stamp and signature that is verified by it.
The applicant overseas can also apply for document apostille in Singapore via online mode. You need to submit a request online on https://legalisation.sal.sg site and link your documents that need to verify or apostille. You also need to make payment online and send confirmation by email with the invoice.
Thus, you will get a legal public notary and apostille service in Singapore for all your legal documents to verify and confirm their authenticity as well. So, if you have any identity proofs or business agreements, or foreign legal documents to check, you should approach the licensed public notary and take his services for your documents’ verification wisely.
So, whatever type of legal documents you wish to attest to or verify for legalities, you should take the aid of the licensed notary and apostille service authorities in Singapore. It is recommended to avoid taking services from a non-recognized or non-official notary or apostille service providers in Singapore, as they might be a fraud. So, you should do prior verification of authority or check the official site if you are verifying documents online in Singapore for any foreign document for an apostille or notary assessment. Hence, you need to be careful with all public notary and apostille document verification processes and get the aid of trusted authorities to get the job done legally.