Digital marketing includes channels like social media, search engine optimization (SEO), and pay-per-click (PPC), and many more! If you choose to depend on a few of them, your brand and business visibility can be at risk. So, what channels to focus on?
Choosing the right channels for online marketing is a bit tricky and the digital marketing trends are ever-evolving. This article covers the best digital marketing channels for business in 2021 to focus on. So keep your eyes glued till the end!
How does one start an internet session? With a search. Right? Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the prominent channels of digital marketing. SEO is the process of ranking your website in search results of relevant keywords. This helps increase your brand visibility and customers find your website online. Local SEO is a subset of SEO having the focus on location-related nearby searches.
Although SEO is a time-consuming process among the other channels like social media marketing, paid campaigns, ads, and many more, still SEO is mostly popular with companies that want organic traffic and to get a higher rank in search results. If SEO seems overwhelming to you, hire a professional team of experts to do it for you.
SEO Pro Tips
Remember- 75% of total internet users never scrolls the next page of SERPs. So, your site must be on the first page of the search result. Follow the tips below-
- Keywords are the main driving force of SEO. Research and select the best possible keywords to generate targeted search engine traffic to your website. Choose the right keyword research tool like google search console or keyword everywhere.
- Content plays an important role in SEO. Create high-quality unique content so that your audience love to read and share them on social media. And this is how the search engine will think your site is important and will let your site ride on top.
- As a large number of internet users are smartphone users, your site should be mobile-friendly. According to Google’s mobile-first indexing policy, it gives priority to mobile-friendly websites.
Email marketing has been one of the prominent channels of digital marketing for decades. Although its impact has blurred, still it can provide great ROI. The main advantage of email marketing is that you are in control and you don’t need a huge budget to run the campaign.
If you’re new to a small business, email marketing is the channel to build your brand and to keep your customers informed.
Process of Email Marketing
- Choose the right software application for email marketing
- Make a list of emails
- Add the list to your email marketing platform
- Create a welcome message, a body with an eye-catchy subject line
- Test and preview your email before sending
- Pick the right sending time and send your mail
- Keep tracking your results
Email Marketing Pro Tips
- Build your own lists: Think twice before you opt for buying a readymade email list. It can make you be branded as a spammer. So, our recommendation is to build and manage an email list to avoid getting banned from sending emails.
- Personalize your messages: Instead of sending random messages to random people on your list, use periodic scrubbing to keep your list clean. This is important for account-based marketing.
Social Media Marketing
For small businesses, one of the most powerful marketing platforms is social media marketing. If you’re not present on social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, you have chances to miss a huge market.
Facebook is now a platform of 1.5 billion daily active users and about 65M+ photos are being uploaded every single day. On the other hand, YouTube has 2+ billion monthly users. The given data.
The above data has given to let you know how broad the social media platform is. One can’t deny the way social media brings leads, increases website traffic, improve communication, and establishes the brand image of your business.
Content marketing means creating content that leads customers make a purchase. Content marketing includes creating blog posts, videos, and infographics.
Remember- the content you create should not only be promotional but should also cover a wide range of educational or entertaining topics. Content marketing also works well with other digital marketing channels like you can optimize your content for search engines and share them on social media and via email.
You can get better engagement with your content as well as backlinks from other websites. And, the audience who consume your content becomes loyal to your brand.
Finally, it comes to the paid marketing channel. PPC ads are the paid online ads including website display ads, paid search engine results, and social media ads. When users click on your ads, you pay.
You may like to hear that PPC ads provide a higher conversion rate and 50% of the users who have clicked on your ads are more likely to be your customers.
Why Need PPC?
Well, you may ask me why should you spend on these paid ads where you can still do it for free organically. PPC is good if you want-
- To reach your targeted audience quick
- To boost your visibility within a very short time
- To drive conversation by the potential customers.
Hopefully, you’ve got a clear idea of the best digital marketing channels you should focus on in 2021 to get the highest output in this ever-evolving process. Be tricky to choose the channels that fit your goals.
In this article, we’ve explained the best channels for your good but these are not the all. Also, take other channels into consideration according to your business needs!