Quickbooks is one of the most acquired software to maintain accounting and bookkeeping activities. Because of these dynamic characteristics, Quickbooks remains the most widely used finance software in small and medium-sized businesses. Employees can track time, get electronic money, and more with Quickbooks. Users of QuickBooks can use this useful service as well as other tools from Intuit, including the Quickbooks file doctor tool and the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool that are used to fix any issues or glitches that arise in the system due to technical difficulties. This blog article will cover an Intuit-developed software Clean Install tool for Quickbooks.
What is QB Clean Install Tool?
One of the tools developed by Intuit to address Quickbooks desktop issues is the Clean Install tool. This tool will not only fix problems whenever Quickbooks tries to open a company file but it will also assist you with any other errors you may encounter. All of the files required for the tool’s installation can be swapped with the utility as well as the QB desktop software. Due to the clean installation procedure, there is no risk of losing QuickBooks’ financial data since it does not contain anything that shows inside the data.
When To Use A Clean Install Tool?
- No matter how many times it was reinstalled, the same installation error still appeared, Quickbooks Clean Install Tool was used as handy
- Installing Quickbooks again does not resolve the error issue that frequently interrupts operations.
- An attempt to access multiple Company files simultaneously by a user on the network.
How to Download QB Clean Install Tool?
- Download Quickbooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s website
- Once the download completes, launch Quickbooks tool hub.
- Now, open the Installation Issues section. You can see the Quickbooks Clean Install Tool button.
- You can now run the clean install tool from here.
Things to Consider Before Use This Tool
- Make sure that the Quickbooks desktop download file, license numbers, and installation CD are all accessible to you.
- Create a backup of the company to avoid any data loss.
How to Use a Clean Install Tool?
1: Uninstall QuickBooks Software
- Prior to continuing, the Run window (Windows + R) needs to be launched.
- Press OK on the control panel option to go to the control panel
- Under Programs and Features, choose Programs from the drop-down menu.
- You can then remove the alternative from your list and select Quickbooks.
- Please follow the instructions on screen as written in order to complete the job
2: Rename the installation folder to something else
- Under Start, you will find the file explorer.
- Using the file explorer, begin by opening it.
- Navigate to the folder that contains company files.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- You can rename a similar folder after you have located it. Right-click on the new folder and select rename.
- To distinguish the folder from the old one, you have to add OLD after the filename.
- After reinstalling Quickbooks, the user can restore the previous state.
3: When renaming the folder, the user sees an access denied error
- Use the right-click option to move to the task manager.
- The pictures in each process are listed in chronological order if you click the column heading under the selected picture name.
- From the top process tab, select QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, and qbw32.exe.
- When prompted with the warning window, choose “Yes” if it states that you may lose data or experience system problems if you complete the process.
4: Reinstall QuickBooks Application
- Follow the on-screen instructions after inserting the CD into Quickbooks desktop.
- The system will prompt you for your exact product and registration number once the program has been installed.
- Proceed as instructed onscreen.
- Next, select.
- After selecting an installation type, the user must click next, then install.
- After Quickbooks is installed, restart your computer.
5: Backup your data
- Obtain an alternative quickbooks tool hub installation file.
- Make sure you install the latest updates for your version.
- Registration numbers can be found on the package or in the email confirmation.
- Consequently, the merchandise’s version changes as the year progresses.
- Make a backup of the company file once the process has been completed.
The article has come to an end. I hope the information you learned of this tool will be useful to you and assist in understanding it. We covered as much information about this tool as we could in the post and kept the authenticity of the tool intact within it.