LMPC Certificate is mandatory requirement for the packers of India. Provided by the Legal Metrological Department, it’s one certification that’s often ignored by the people. Through this article, we are going to take your attention towards why this certification is important for your requirements.
What is LMPC?
LMPC. Full form: Legal Metrology Packaged Commodity. It’s an act that came around in the last decade for the upliftment and welfare of the consumers. Basically, every packaged commodity, whether it’s imported or manufactured in India, should have specific labels on it. They are to inform the consumer of the:
- Exact nature of the product
- The type of product
- The date and time of product manufacturing
- If applicable, the expiration date of the product
- The cost of the product
- Details of the manufacturer, the packer and the importer
- And, other specific details that can help the customer in case he finds the product unsatisfactory.
Now, many of you might be thinking that the above information is provided by the manufacturers for marketing purposes. But that’s not the case. They are provided to the customers because the legal metrology department has made it mandatory. So, who is it for?
It’s for every manufacturer, importer and packer. It’s a certification that’s important for nearly every type of trader (trader who deals in product). Thus, you’re one of them, this is probably going to be the most important article of your life.
What is LMPC Certificate?
LMPC Certificate means a mandatory certification required by all the packers and manufacturers that have to obtain it from the Legal Metrology Department. Entities to which it is applicable to are:
- Company or any other business entity.
Any manufacturer, packer or importer, who wants to sell his or her product in India, has to obtain this mandatory certification from the Legal Metrology Department. Thus, while we have given you the entities on which the aforementioned license is applicable, the truth is, it’s applicable on all types of entities.
How to obtain LMPC Registration in India?
Depending upon the scope of your business, you can obtain LMPC registration from either:
- The state department, or
- The central Department
When you apply for the certificate from the state department, it implies that you want to do your packer and manufacturer business in that one state.
When you apply for the certificate from the central department, it implies that your business spans across multiple states of India.
As for the process of getting the certifications, following are the points that you should know about:
- Fill the application form. As of right now, there is no way to obtain the application through online means. You need to pay a visit to LMPC offices and get the form.
- Attach the following documents to that application form:
- Id proof
- Address proof
- Address proof of your company
- Other business certification specific to your business
- Packaged details
- Demand draft of INR 500/-
- Submit the application
- Let the application be processed by LMPC officials
- And if everything is in the order that the officials want, you’ll obtain the certification.
Read More: BEE Certification
We apologize if the process of getting LMPC registration feels a bit generic (boring). As important as this license is, obtaining it is a boring affair. That’s why it’s us, the experts to undertake this “boring” task so that you can focus on your business. Reach out to us if you want to enjoy doing your business unencumbered by legal requirements.
LMPC Certificate is a mandatory requirement for packers and manufacturers in India. For more information about LMPC registration, reach out to our experts.